Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Roadie still necessary after Software Update 2020.12.11.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Ive been eyeing the Roadie USB accessory that makes it easy to view sentry mode clips right on your smart phone with your app as soon as you notice there's been a recorded Sentry mode "incident".

However with the new software update Im not sure the Roadie is necessary any longer, since you can view all sentry mode incidents right on the center console, right?

thanks

I have the roadie and now my M3 frequently throws up a warning that some of dashcam footage might not be there bc they require a write speed of 4 MB/s? Wasn’t an issue before so not sure if new software related or roadie related.

I have the roadie and now my M3 frequently throws up a warning that some of dashcam footage might not be there bc they require a write speed of 4 MB/s? Wasn’t an issue before so not sure if new software related or roadie related.

Besides, I can never get the damn thing to connect anyway so I’d be happier just scraping and get regular usB Drive.