Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Server for the Tesla mobile app down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. No good answer. If the servers are down you will be unable to log back in and Bluetooth key will be disabled.

I would only suggest logout/login if you have the key card in hand.

mine was also spinning this morning. It was set to my S. It also wouldn’t let me swipe to my 3. I clicked the gear, selected my 3 (stumbled on it, didn’t know that option was there in the gear menu). The 3 loaded and then I was able to select back to the S and it worked too.

I guess the solution is to buy a second Tesla.

We have two Teslas also and my phone was unfortunately set to the car my wife's usually drives. She had to use her key card this morning to drive to the airport and the app on my phone has continued to spin all day. Thanks for the idea to click the gear, since I had the same issue trying to swipe over to my car. Once I clicked on mine via the gear, it connected and I swiped back and it connected to my wife's also.

So - thanks for the 2-Tesla tip!

Just got this notification for one of our cars. Apps been fine for awhile.

7E06E73E-EDD4-4B52-9457-893A26350B60.jpeg

No, bluetooth linking is not affected by logging in and out of the app.

Correct. Just don't log out when the site is down or there will be nothing for bluetooth to link.
In iOS, Logging out disables Face ID, Calendar Sync and several notification options. Be sure to re-enable them and go into notifications to reenable the ones you want.
You’ll need your password again to re-enable Face ID

Right you are. Thanks for that, hadn't noticed.

Reactions: Daniellane