Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Tesla app giving anyone else problems now? [09.20.2022]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one else having issues with the Tesla app now? It's saying I have no card on file, but I do. Then I try to add another one and it says it added it (after a LONG wait) yet it does not show up after. I just charged my car and it says I owe them for it, to add a card. I'm afraid that I won't be able to charge up at the next supercharger since I owe money (they think).

The Tesla website is having issues as well

I'm not driving now, but my app shows my credit cards now, and it took the payment for my last charge finally. I have heard stories of people being stranded at superchargers having to call Tesla with a long hold.

I was finally able to get mine resolved - was on hold with support but it hung up after like 30 minutes.

Eventually I was able to see my cards in the wallet, but not under the Charging -> Payment section, it would just error out and it was stuck like that for hours.

It finally all started working recently, but had a charge from earlier today still showing unpaid. I was able to manually pay it and now all is good.

I'm on a road trip 1000 miles from home so this was definitely a time I was happy to have my CCS adapter. Electrify America got my money today.

Tesla absolutely cannot have payment outages like this, not without just turning on the SC network to 'free' until it is resolved.

So does anyone know why not one single Tesla site/publication/news source seemed to pick up on the fact that Tesla had a widespread billing outage that prevent people from Supercharging for hours? Seems like something worth reporting, since it hints at what could happen if a larger outage were to happen and the chaos that would ensue from locking people into your charging network (in the US at least).

So does anyone know why not one single Tesla site/publication/news source seemed to pick up on the fact that Tesla had a widespread billing outage that prevent people from Supercharging for hours? Seems like something worth reporting, since it hints at what could happen if a larger outage were to happen and the chaos that would ensue from locking people into your charging network (in the US at least).
I have not seen it. And I even didn't see much by individuals on Twitter.

I have not seen it. And I even didn't see much by individuals on Twitter.
Same - I found a couple long Twitter threads on it with a bunch of "me toos" but I think since it only affected people who were on road trips (and would need to charge, then charge again within a couple hours) it wasn't widely known.

It is still kind of a big deal though and shows a big flaw in Tesla's setup (like not just opening up SC'ing to delayed/free billing if there's a widespread outage). It's just so weird that nobody picked up on it - I even tried asking a few of the big Tesla's websites and they've completely ignored it. At this point I'm wondering if they're basically paid to ignore this stuff lol