Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Tesla app server down again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So all day the app has been just spinning it’s little loading circle every time I open it. It never connects and I can’t access any of the cars features from the app. Still can unlock the car and drive like normal and the car seems to have a data connection but the app isn’t pulling any information from the car...

Here's my order of fixes whenever the app acts up:
1. Swipe the app off of the task list.
2. Log out and log back into the app.
3. Reboot the device.
4. Re-install the app.

This time, 2. was sufficient to jerk the app back to work for me.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chills
The only thing that worked for me was a reinstall of the app.... you MUST have your key on you when you do that! I thought logging in would bring everything back but you have to set up the phone key again. I removed stats in a hope that this doesn't happen again. I wonder if both apps pinging the car at the same time or something cause the Tesla servers to freak out on your authentication or something.

Just be sure to have your key card or fob with you in case you can't log back in if the servers are down. Wouldn't want to be left stranded.
I have never carried a card and the car drove fine all day without app access. I signed out/in at home. Also before signing in/out I had looked on TMC for all the "servers are down" threads and not a single one so I thought mine was just an isolated case.

So all day the app has been just spinning it’s little loading circle every time I open it. It never connects and I can’t access any of the cars features from the app. Still can unlock the car and drive like normal and the car seems to have a data connection but the app isn’t pulling any information from the car...
auth.tesla.com has been giving error messages for an hour or more at 11 AM PDT, here in Calif, USA. Many are reporting we can not log in to the app or the website. Fingers crossed they get it fixed soon! Tesla.com down? Current problems and outages | Downdetector