Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Tesla Model 3 Performance actually better than the Tesla Model S Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

@phantasms thinks the Model 3 Performance is better than the Model S Plaid. We discuss the points that they made, and then give our opinion.

Thread of the week: "FYI: My opinion is Model 3 better than Model S": FYI: My opinion is Model 3 > Model S

@phantasms thanks for your contribution of that thread.

This is a clip from Tesla Motors Club Podcast #32. The full podcast video is available here:

Reactions: phantasms
The M3P is already too big and heavy, the Model S Plaid is a freaking boat. If I had to drive only one for free and didn't get any monetary benefit from selling it (like a company car or something) then I would choose the Model 3 all day long. It's just way more fun to drive.

Nice to read you're enjoying it. I'm sure you get more looks in your 911. But you can't beat a M3P for hauling people and cargo, yet still keeping pace with a 'proper' sports car.

Add in the fact that you only need to change the windshield wipers and cabin air filter (brake pads will likely last the life of the car), your wallet never has to experience the pain of a Porsche dealer service.
Anybody with brains finds a good 911 mechanic. I found one both here in Tucson and when I lived in SoCal. They’re also better than the Porsche shop usually.

Heck. I found a guy who was happy doing oil changes at the house. For $100 less than most regular places and hundreds less than the dealer. Who always finds $1000 more in ‘repairs’ that you really don’t need

Reactions: Evpowerdan