Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Tesla 'T' emblem on trunk standard across all Model 3s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My stealth was delivered in Q3 2019, Florida. I have the Dual Motor with red underline bar but do not have the T emblem. I notice in YouTube vids, some do have it. Is this part of performance package only? If not, if I was supposed to get it does this warrant a service action or is it too late?

My stealth was delivered in Q3 2019, Florida. I have the Dual Motor with red underline bar but do not have the T emblem. I notice in YouTube vids, some do have it. Is this part of performance package only? If not, if I was supposed to get it does this warrant a service action or is it too late?
I believe that should be standard regardless of build. Maybe just an oversight. Hit up Tesla and ask for one.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
My SR+ from June 2019 has it... possibly fell off or it’s something that gets installed at the Service Center before deliver. Either way, put in a request via the app saying it’s not there.

I added a picture of my car, disregard the messy garage as it’s an old picture.

Attachments

• 7B8E08E8-A1BD-4AB3-AC97-56438F21A13A.jpeg
    7B8E08E8-A1BD-4AB3-AC97-56438F21A13A.jpeg
    492.2 KB · Views: 127
Nice, an option to definitely consider. One concern is that when washing, how well will it hold up , if the edge of one of the letters catch the sponge or cloth and yanks it off, how well can we reapply since the backing adhesive may be reduced because of the soapy water.
Holds up fine, just don't scrub it. I've had mine for about a year now and I dab the area, which does the job.

Nice, an option to definitely consider. One concern is that when washing, how well will it hold up , if the edge of one of the letters catch the sponge or cloth and yanks it off, how well can we reapply since the backing adhesive may be reduced because of the soapy water.
I’ve had mine on for a year and a half, and it’s still going strong. I use an ONR big red sponge and never scrub. If it ever comes off, I’ll clay bar and paint correct if necessary... and then apply a new one!

Went through every available option before picking this appliqué. Still feel it was the right choice:

MS/MX style aftermarket rear chrome trim for Model 3

As long as they are using a decent DBL sided tape this is a complete non issue. I’ve had similar on my Lotus since 2007. It’s been through polishes, and tons of washes. Factory was a simple decal. Then in 2006-2007 Lotus updated to 3D Letters which looked much nicer so I upgraded. Cleaned the paint with alcohol prior to adhesion. Zero issues for a decade. There shouldn’t ever be a “oops” strong enough to yank one off.