Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the X anywhere in the UK for viewing yet? (dealerships, roadshows, car shows, etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not the UK
Saw this one in Sausalito today. Model S is plentiful in the Bay area now, so you have to buy an X if you want exclusivity!

IMG_4820.jpg

Has any UK Model X visits been booked yet on this new roadshow, just seeing what everyone thinks who has seen this version of the MX? Wonder if it is a UK RHD version and so forth.

To add : Booked this Saturday for a 1 hour review of Model X, no test drive but a thorough run through with sales rep, but Model S test drive booked at same time same place.

Drove the X at Tesla Sacramento last Wednesday. Loved it and my wife loved it too. Had a chance to look at both the 6 and 7 seater configuration.

I had dismissed the X as just too expensive as a second car but the 60D has changed my mind.

My wife's current car is a Range Rover Evoque on a 3 year finance agreement with buy back. It cost £7,500 deposit and £670 per month for 3 years.

A fully loaded X 60D is £21,500 deposit and £670 per month with a guaranteed buy back at the end of three years.

Is a model X worth more than an Evoque? Placed my order today for a six seater, February 2017 delivery

Visited Gatwick Tesla yesterday. No X test drive just a look around but took the Model S out. I too was impressed with the drive train, linear power always on tap, smooth delivery and so forth.

Model X order with this dealer today for June 2017 delivery so a little longer.

I thought MX felt more solidly built and just a notch up from the MS, but I too am now tempted.

X and S are very similar to drive with the same smooth drivetrain. You are nearer the windscreen in X which moves the A pillars further back in to your peripheral vision. The base of the windscreen is lower in your eye line because of the elevated seating position and the windscreen extends up over your head. The net effect is that the view out is considerably better than S with very few obstructions in your way, a real bonus.

I'm surprised at the difference in delivery date forecast as I only placed my order two days ago. I quizzed my delivery manager and he confirmed that they are on programme for first deliveries in January and that I should be okay for February (although there is this phenomenon called "Tesla Time"). It could be the model you chose, I have seen elsewhere on the forum that delivery times for an S seem to be affected by which variant you pick.

Temptation is a wonderful thing!

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
Yes thats the thing for me was the smooth drivetrain, it really is good and something I wasn't expecting, so I'm now looking at a Model S60 basic model, and think about the upgrades later on.
2nd test drive booked this week in a Model S plus another look at a Model X in August, but for me it will be MS60 first then in 1-2 years look at MX60 as I did like the build of the MX60 and felt it was just that extra notch up on overall quality (seats were softer, switch gear, general overall feel, for me)

I went to the Edinburgh store today to see the left hand drive static model, loved seeing it in flesh for first time.

They also said have a X test drive in one this coming Friday in Glasgow , just seeing if can make times work, but forgot to ask if it was another left hand drive or not.

Have been to Tesla Leeds to view the X and drive the S today. I was told they'll be doing test drives in the LHD X in the next week or so, once it's registered but not from the store. They'll be arranging them to take place at one of the SC.

The X was fantastic, certainly a crowd puller when those rear doors go up.