TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is the X Finally Here? (

Discussion in 'Model X' started by amzng_ev, Oct 1, 2014.

1. amzng_ev

amzng_ev Member

#1 amzng_ev, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. StephRob

StephRob Member

Just got my invite via email. Darn it. Can't go.

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

How does that work? Not that it's likely I'd drop everything and fly in from Toronto, but do you have to be on some sort of VIP list or do they just target owners in the area?

4. StephRob

StephRob Member

Not sure. We are big Tesla fans and have practically every possible car and reservation (except a Roadster). My husband drives a Sig S, I drive a production S and we have reservations for both a Sig X and a production X. And we live in California. Tough to tell from us what the deciding factor could be. Really disappointed I can't go. :-(

5. jd3

jd3 Member

So far, I have only seen Sigs (X or S) getting invites... Got mine at 12:37pm PST/local time. Unforunately, getting from San Jose to Hawthorne Thursday evening is a bit tough so had to decline! I did suggest that they should have a Satelite feed, along with touchy-feely cars, at Fremont plant. I suspect it's being held in Hawthorne to minimize traffic at the plant. It looks like they are kinda busy there right now!

;-)

6. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

Tesla D.

Elon read Clarkson in the latest Top Gear magazine and saw the light - diesel hybrids are the only way to go.

7. audioboy

audioboy New Member

Have Xsig and Xprod reservation. Received invitation a couple of hours ago. Don't live nearby.....

8. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Model S - Sig. 283 EU

I got an invitation and I am in The Netherlands!! So I can't attend. But I am a Signature, that's true.

9. ronmerkord

ronmerkord Member

I'll be there with my wife and boy. Can't wait to see what the D is.

I also wouldn't mind if there was a beta X to see as well.

BTW, we have SigX reservation #1015.

Ron

10. sigurdi

sigurdi Member

#10 sigurdi, Oct 2, 2014
    Got a invitation this evening, have a EU X signature and Production reservation.
    Would be fun, but to far tarvelig from Norway to California for one evening to remember. :)
    Guess the D is for Demo, and the second letter would also be a D.
    Demo Drive or dubble D.

Just put in a reservation, have to get airplain tickets, plase to crash in LA and a tour at the Palo Alto factory would be Nice.

11. Nubo

Nubo Test Mule

My best guess is that "Model X" concept has become Tesla D. Can't see them making such a big deal just to lift the veil from a (ta-da!) Model S, even if it did have 2 motors. People aren't waiting with bated breath for a revised Model S. They HAVE been waiting for over 2 years for the Model X to arrive! :biggrin:

Now, if they want to throw in a dual-motor MS as a "one more thing...", I'm down with that :)

12. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I've got the invite, and I'm in Ottawa. It may be that they're sending out to everyone, but not simultaneously due to email traffic limitations. (However I am a Sig S and Roadster owner.)

Oh, and there's fairly convincing evidence on the "D" thread - someone found a Model S with a P85D badge on it. Probably dual motor.

13. BlueTan85

BlueTan85 Member

Geez I live within driving distance of Hawthorne. No invite. Too bad they're not transferable!

14. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

I don't think D is another car. They didn't say "Model D". I was thinking dual engine at first put someone mentioned it might mean developer. Maybe opening up the SDK?

15. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

People are definitely waiting for 4WD.

16. Nubo

Nubo Test Mule

Definitely the Model X people are :). I'm going to be seriously annoyed if this turns out to be them noodling with Model S, without the Model X also being revealed. Production has slipped over a year. I want to see asses and elbows on the Model X line. Hopefully we'll get both S and X announcements.

17. Anzir

Anzir Member

#17 Anzir, Oct 2, 2014
    Sig X holder from Florida, got the invite. Wish I could go! There has to be an X reveal.

The invite doesn't seem to be person-specific. I clicked on the link and there was an area to put my name in and # of guests. Seems anyone could have used my invite.

18. bradhs

bradhs Member

Great!! Add me, I'll be in LA on Thursday. :)

19. Local host

Local host Member

D for disappointed it’s not the X reveal. My vote is for Dual motor and some new features, like driver assist.

Hope I am wrong.

20. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Be positive. If dual motor is here, then that's the main X thing done, and then it would make sense that they'd be able to reveal the X Beta at the same time. By offering 4WD on the S at the same time as the reveal on the X Beta they'd also reduce the number of people who'll sit on their money waiting for the X so they won't have to work hard to anti-sell.

In addition: it's frikkin' 4WD BEV!