Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the X Finally Here? (

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be positive. If dual motor is here, then that's the main X thing done, and then it would make sense that they'd be able to reveal the X Beta at the same time. By offering 4WD on the S at the same time as the reveal on the X Beta they'd also reduce the number of people who'll sit on their money waiting for the X so they won't have to work hard to anti-sell.

In addition: it's frikkin' 4WD BEV!

I am betting it is both. That is why I am interrupting a road trip in my Sig and flying in for it.

Here is my logic:
1) With the spy photo shown, we know "the D" is a variant of Model S. I think that AWD is the only upgrade that merits this treatment (until the the 90% autopilot is ready).
2) In his follow-on tweet, laughing at the off-colour liberties people had taken with his wording, he said, "glad I did not mention the other letter." What is another letter that could be construed in an off-colour way? "X" naturally!

I rest my case.

I am betting it is both. That is why I am interrupting a road trip in my Sig and flying in for it.

Here is my logic:
1) With the spy photo shown, we know "the D" is a variant of Model S. I think that AWD is the only upgrade that merits this treatment (until the the 90% autopilot is ready).
2) In his follow-on tweet, laughing at the off-colour liberties people had taken with his wording, he said, "glad I did not mention the other letter." What is another letter that could be construed in an off-colour way? "X" naturally!

I rest my case.

Agreed. They did not say "Model D" so there is no new car. I do not believe the enhancement will be driveless. Why would Musk get on CNN and spill the beans just before the event? I imagine it's either dual motors or AWD (or possibly both). Another person though that "D" could mean developing and they would open up the SDK. I like that guess although I think its a less likely chance.

Regardless, I'm more interesting in the "something else" being the Model X unveil. For anyone with the invite would you mind sharing the design of the invitation, of course hiding the important/personal information. I'm also curious to see what time the event is and if it will be streamed live like they've done past events. I think they did live streams when then introduced the Model X although I was never able to connect and the Supercharger announcement. For those of us that don't have the invite and in the case its does not have a live stream, we might be able to get away with learning the information "live" through a tech blog like TechCrunch. I looks like media has been invited as well - http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/02/tesla-motors-just-invited-press-to-come-look-at-its-new-d/

I'm a Sig X reservation holder and did get an invite. A friend who is a Sig S owner did not get an invite. Sig X seems to be the criterion for non-press.

Trying to decide if it is worth a trip from Colorado. There will probably be a streaming feed; if I knew that I could get a close look at a production-conforming Model X, then that would make the trip worthwhile.

I'm a Sig X reservation holder and did get an invite. A friend who is a Sig S owner did not get an invite. Sig X seems to be the criterion for non-press.

Trying to decide if it is worth a trip from Colorado. There will probably be a streaming feed; if I knew that I could get a close look at a production-conforming Model X, then that would make the trip worthwhile.

What time is the event? Curious if I'll be on flight next Thursday during the event or not. I imagine I will be unfortunately.

I am wondering if there are other signature X owners who did not get an invite?

I am Sig #184 and I don't have an invite :(

*sniff*

I'm taking Paul Carter's notion and off to update secondary contact information. In the ~2 years I've had the signature reservation, I've literally received 0 communication about the reservation. It's there in the account info when I login, but based on what Tesla's had to say to me personally, nothing has happened since Sept 12.

(There should at least be swag!)

I am Sig #184 and I don't have an invite :(

*sniff*

I'm taking Paul Carter's notion and off to update secondary contact information. In the ~2 years I've had the signature reservation, I've literally received 0 communication about the reservation. It's there in the account info when I login, but based on what Tesla's had to say to me personally, nothing has happened since Sept 12.

(There should at least be swag!)

I heard the RSVP link doesn't appear to be unique. Maybe someone can provide the link to you?