Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the X Finally Here? (

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mail container only this:
0279f1baa8a69a36d48f0871b3122b4b.jpg

At least one analyst thinks the reveal will be for the Model 3, not the Model X Beta...

From About time to unveil the D and something else - Page 50:

Tesla to show Model 3, new sedan version Oct. 9: report

MARKETWATCH 1:41 PM ET 10/3/14
Tesla Motors Inc.(TSLA) will unveil its Model 3, the mass-market car, and new versions of the Model S sedan at the event Oct. 9, analyst Trip Chowdhry withGlobal Equities Research said in a note Friday. It is no coincidence the event is to take place in the Los Angeles area rather the San Francisco Bay Area, where the electric-car maker is headquartered: Tesla's top designer "spends almost 90% of this time in the LA Design Center," Chowdhry said. Tesla earlier Friday said the event was scheduled for 7 p.m. at theHawthorne airport. By showing a Model 3 prototype Tesla is also hoping to garner more attention from potential "gigafactory" investors, he added. The new Model S versions would have all-wheel drive and semi-autonomous driver-assistance system, which would be positive for car technology company MobileEye Technologies

Tesla to show Model 3, new sedan version Oct. 9: report - MarketWatch

At least one analyst thinks the reveal will be for the Model 3, not the Model X Beta...

From About time to unveil the D and something else - Page 50:

Tesla to show Model 3, new sedan version Oct. 9: report

MARKETWATCH 1:41 PM ET 10/3/14
Tesla Motors Inc.(TSLA) will unveil its Model 3, the mass-market car, and new versions of the Model S sedan at the event Oct. 9, analyst Trip Chowdhry withGlobal Equities Research said in a note Friday. It is no coincidence the event is to take place in the Los Angeles area rather the San Francisco Bay Area, where the electric-car maker is headquartered: Tesla's top designer "spends almost 90% of this time in the LA Design Center," Chowdhry said. Tesla earlier Friday said the event was scheduled for 7 p.m. at theHawthorne airport. By showing a Model 3 prototype Tesla is also hoping to garner more attention from potential "gigafactory" investors, he added. The new Model S versions would have all-wheel drive and semi-autonomous driver-assistance system, which would be positive for car technology company MobileEye Technologies

Tesla to show Model 3, new sedan version Oct. 9: report - MarketWatch

I saw that too. Based on the fact that Sig X reservation holders are getting the invites, I think this will be geared towards the X. If not, they need a event the following week to deliver the specs. They're not too far away from target ship dates. I just don't see hyping up the public this far in advance (years) as a priority for Tesla. Especially when they've claimed to be down selling the X because the S is currently on the market.

I called customer service today and they said they believe all Sign model X reservation holders should have received an invite, but they could not speculate and did not know what would be revealed.

I called customer service today and they said they believe all Sign model X reservation holders should have received an invite, but they could not speculate and did not know what would be revealed.

FYI:
Non-Sig Model X holder (6K range) and got the invite.

I am local (LA area) so not sure if that has anything to do with it or just really lucky :).

Debating on going since I have a newborn and usually on baby duty at night. Need to see if they allow strollers in :).

FYI:
Non-Sig Model X holder (6K range) and got the invite.

I am local (LA area) so not sure if that has anything to do with it or just really lucky :).

Debating on going since I have a newborn and usually on baby duty at night. Need to see if they allow strollers in :).

If it's anything like the last party there, I would not bring a baby. Loud, speakers going, lots of people - definitely not the atmosphere for a child.

If it's anything like the last party there, I would not bring a baby. Loud, speakers going, lots of people - definitely not the atmosphere for a child.

Thanks for the info! So sounds like I need to get a babysitter :). Is it worth the trouble?

For those w/o invites. The RSVP is fairly generous with up to 3 guests. I'm sure if you really want to go you can ask a fellow member if they have extra spots! :)

Also the invite is a generic form (like a survey monkey) where you can enter any name so not likely they are matching the actual reservation holder names against what you enter. It also doesn't seem to check if you already RSVP allowing you submit multiple times (although you maybe overwriting your previous RSVP since there is a token is specific in the RSVP URL).

Also never got a confirmation once I submitted the RSVP, so really it's just submit your name here and hope they have your name on the list when you get there :).

Guess worst case you just show the original email invite.

So sounds like if there's no X news it'll just a big party talking about the S, still worth going?

GP! worth going? You won't know the answer to that if you are not there.
A lot of notable events in the last several decades - I can say, "I was there"
a great many more I missed out on (but could have attended)
I say you go & tell us how it went

i was excited about the date because I will coincidentally be in the Bay Area that day but oh well. Hawthorne, fun!

edit: several decades?! I meant "few" :wink: ha!

Last edited:
I attended the Hawthorne battery swap event in 2013, and would love *love* LOVE to attend this Oct 9 event.

No invite yet. Worried there's no luv from Tesla.

Anybody in California got an invite who's not attending? Can I use your invite?

UPDATE: Tesla sent me an invite.

Last edited:
I can confirm that two different individuals on the east coast got invites.
I wish I could go too, no ticket, but even if I did have one I can't break away from other obligations.

Last edited:
It's too early for Tesla to be showing Model 3. Somehow I have a feeling that Tesla has learned from past mistakes with the S and the X to not show their cars too early. Look how long it took for for the S to go into production and we're still waiting for the final version of the X and I watched the X intro back in 2012!
I do think they will show the dual drive stuff, driver assist stuff and perhaps a reveal of the production X but I wouldn't hold my breath for the last one let alone Model 3.