Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a an easy, quality solution for a quick swap of the speakers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to upgrade my speakers in the premium system but am wondering if a simple enough set of speakers exists today. I'm only semi familiar with this and know that the speaker's size and impedance must match.

So yeah, are these speaker's parameters common enough to find quality replacements that will actually sound better without adding an aftermarket amp?

Thanks. I'm up to speed with that current knowledge but I didnt see any simple recommendations for a quick speaker swap. I do see the thread with the custom brackets.

I'll take a look through those in case I missed any simple speaker swap reccomendations.

3E39AAD3-05EF-4790-8F97-0D3848044C3D.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Drizzle
These mostly link to things requiring aftermarket amps. I think the OP is looking for

These 4" speakers and 8" Woofer with these dimensions and ratings drop in without any other modification. Am I misinterpreting OP? Theres no super easy wiki anywhere, just dozens of pages of stuff about adding amps with a sprinkling of 4" Infinity speakers.

Yes, I'm looking for simple as possible drop-in replacements. If the speakers can be driven better by an aftermarket amp later then that is great as well. I only have experience installing subs so I don't think that makes sense but I'm just not sure.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

Since you find it lacking, I figured you must have some experience with stock car audio that you thought was better and had the highs and lows you are looking for. I was wondering what that was. One can always get better "something" by throwing money at it, but there is normally a point of diminishing returns.

For me, the model 3 has the best stock audio system I have ever heard, and would require significant investment to get something better (with significant being numbers in the thousands, not hundreds).

Since you find it lacking, I figured you must have some experience with stock car audio that you thought was better and had the highs and lows you are looking for. I was wondering what that was. One can always get better "something" by throwing money at it, but there is normally a point of diminishing returns.

For me, the model 3 has the best stock audio system I have ever heard, and would require significant investment to get something better (with significant being numbers in the thousands, not hundreds).

This whole thread is about finding drop in replacements without spending enormous amounts of money that improve on the already decent sounding system and you've completely derailed it. The one poster asked if it was lacking. The answer is yes. He didn't ask if it was lacking compared to other stock systems. Just if it was lacking. The stock system is good, but not as good as an aftermarket system. Again, the whole point of this thread. It is not a personal attack on your car or your sound system preferences.

Reactions: Drizzle
Yes, I do have premium audio and I find it great overall. Great sound stage and clarity with very little distortion.

However, there are two major areas where it's lacking for me:

• Sub bass, specifically 25hz-40hz. It simply does not exist and I listen to a lot of music with artificial low end. Trap rap, electronic, progressive metal.
  • 4k eq range is either crap or cannot be adjusted to my liking with the eq. There are two knobs that surround the range I want to pump and they end up bringing other frequencies that are either too low or too high respectively. I need this to enhance crunchy guitar tones so that my prog metal doesn't sound so thin. I've noticed this trend in most newer systems in cars and I attribute it to the popular genres of the day like pop. My hope is that this is a speaker issue and not fully eq, because if it's eq then I need a dsp to completely rewire and reset the signals coming from the car so that I can get a better eq with more ranges to adjust

I wasn't trying to ask a divisive question - just trying to understand.

As a "recovering audiophile" (it's like being a recovering alcoholic), I've heard all of the top end audio systems from the big-name automakers and their partners - to me, none has sounded better than the system in the Model 3. But I understand that this is only my opinion, and that others may view this differently.

Given the relatively high "noise floor" in the Model 3, I really wonder how much there is to be gained without LOTS of effort and expense, but value is a subjective concept.

OP and others - I hope you find stuff to make you happy with the system!

I wasn't trying to ask a divisive question - just trying to understand.

As a "recovering audiophile" (it's like being a recovering alcoholic), I've heard all of the top end audio systems from the big-name automakers and their partners - to me, none has sounded better than the system in the Model 3. But I understand that this is only my opinion, and that others may view this differently.

Given the relatively high "noise floor" in the Model 3, I really wonder how much there is to be gained without LOTS of effort and expense, but value is a subjective concept.

OP and others - I hope you find stuff to make you happy with the system!

I fully understood where you were coming from, so it's a shame there's a lot of defensiveness here. I doubt anyone is getting tons more low-end etc etc without dedicating the trunk to a sub. It's hard to imagine just swapping out the speakers is going to make enough of a difference. This reminds me of that dude on YouTube who spent thousands on doing some sound-proofing in the car only to find it made just a tiny bit of difference and wasn't worth it.

I fully agree that the Model 3 with the premium sound system sounds better than anything I've ever heard, and I've been in cars costing 4-5 times as much as my 3P.

Reactions: jjrandorin
For majority of people the sound system will be more than enough, and significantly better than what they’re used to.

However, for me the sound system is lacking. After going down the rabbit hole of research, Reus audio is the best solution for an upgrade.

Reus Systems

It’s on the costlier side (about $3k), but the guy is serious about his work. Based out of OC. From what I’ve read, he will even fly out to wherever you’re located to install the system (you pay for ticket).

It’s essentially a full custom system for your specific taste in music.

Read this thread for more info -

Reus Audio Upgrade