Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is there a bluetooth module (that can be replaced)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having trouble with my bluetooth connection. it goes bad at times. it was the same on my old iphone X as it is now on my new iphone 13. Tesla has said that there is no bluetooth module to replace and that they'd have to replace "the whole computer" or something like that. does anyone know whether this is true: or is there a bluetooth module that can be replaced?

I'm having trouble with my bluetooth connection. it goes bad at times. it was the same on my old iphone X as it is now on my new iphone 13. Tesla has said that there is no bluetooth module to replace and that they'd have to replace "the whole computer" or something like that. does anyone know whether this is true: or is there a bluetooth module that can be replaced?
It really doesn't matter, it certainly would be covered under warranty on a 2020? Besides it could be something simple like maybe the antenna has become disconnected. You are better off letting the Service Center techs figure out out.

Tesla has said that there is no bluetooth module to replace and that they'd have to replace "the whole computer"
There is in fact a Bluetooth module (it's called the Parrot module. @MP3Mike has a picture of it here).

Anyway, Tesla is correct! As you can read here, this module is soldered to the motherboard of the MCU (the computer behind the big 17 inch screen in your Model X), so it's not a serviceable part.

But all this is just informative, the only important thing here is, as @DCGOO highlighted, your Bluetooth issues can be the result of many posible situations, that only Tesla can diagnose. If you feel that your Service Center is giving you the runaround, maybe make an appointment with the Mobile Service guys or try another Service Center for a second opinion, especially, as @DCGOO said, considering your Tesla is still under warranty.