TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is there a breakdown of Roadsters by style and color?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by Brentt, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Brentt

Brentt Member

I recently purchased a 2010 Roadster sport and was wondering if anyone has the breakdown of how many cars were built in certain colors and configurations, or were they all different?

2. Bill_Baron

Bill_Baron Member

I'm curious of this too. I thought my color (midnight blue) was fairly unique, but lately I've seen a bunch for sale. I think @TEG has been working on this and probably has the most complete list. Hopefully he can tell us how many of each flavor there are.

3. im4uttx

im4uttx Supporting Member

@DeedWest is also compiling that list....I think....

4. TEG

TEG Teslafanatic

#4 TEG, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Yes, we both have our parallels lists and trade notes sometimes.

Mine is just a big text file, so I don't have a quick way to sort by color. I think DeedWest may have an easier time showing the color mix.

With that said, I just did a "grep" for "twilight blue" on my text file and got 125 results.

I got 124 results for "Thunder Gray"
    I got 172 results for "Silver"

5. Brentt

Brentt Member

Has anyone checked to see if Tesla has the information?

6. TEG

TEG Teslafanatic

If they do, they aren't sharing it.

7. DeedWest

DeedWest Roadsters VP24 & 1462

Brent - congratulations on 613! I’m thrilled you aren’t too far away in Tulsa...perhaps you can make it down for one of our Texas Roadster Meets in the future. I’d imagine the R80 pack will help with the distance. ;)

As for the colors, I can tell you that Twilight Blue was the second most popular color produced for North America. First, was Radiant Red...by a very large amount from what I can tell.

8. Brentt

Brentt Member

#8 Brentt, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Thanks for the invite. I'll definitely try and make it. Is there someplace upcoming events are posted?

I also found some great wallpaper images of the Roadster on the internet archive site. I tried to post the link but they don't work. Too see them go to webarchive.org and search for Teslamotors.com July 21st 2006. I had forgotten their original tag line was: "Burn Rubber, Not Gas". :)

Roadster Release.jpg

9. slcasner

slcasner Active Member

All those photos of a Radian Red Roadster from 2006 and 2007 are of EP2 (E stands for Engineering or Evaluation, I'm not sure which). EP1 was black. The two of them were shown at the unveiling of the Roadster at Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Airport on July 19, 2006 where we were given very short rides around a loop behind the hangar. The last time I saw EP2 was as a display at the Menlo Park store several years ago. I use one of the overhead shots from that timeframe as my computer wallpaper, and I chose the same color scheme (with beige/tan interrior) for my car.

• Like x 2