Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a button on the yoke that can answer the phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ridiculous!
Are there other cars that are unable to answer an incoming call from the steering wheel?

I also found it very shortsighted that they removed several of the "cards" in the drivers display. To add insult or injury, if you would like to display efficiency and trip statistics it blocks the whole touch screen! So what originally fit nicely on one side of the drivers display now exclusively takes up the center screen! Is there no adult supervision in the user-interface department?

Ridiculous!
Are there other cars that are unable to answer an incoming call from the steering wheel?

I also found it very shortsighted that they removed several of the "cards" in the drivers display. To add insult or injury, if you would like to display efficiency and trip statistics it blocks the whole touch screen! So what originally fit nicely on one side of the drivers display now exclusively takes up the center screen! Is there no adult supervision in the user-interface department?
No adults work at Tesla. There’s a man-child CEO and a bunch of developers that don’t even have drivers licenses.

This is the end result.

No adults work at Tesla. There’s a man-child CEO and a bunch of developers that don’t even have drivers licenses.
But there’s all kinds of games and interesting sounds we can invoke at a touch of a button!

Truly someone is misguided and unable to comprehend the importance of the right areas to apply focus.

And yet I still buy my Plaid again! God I am so weak.

Too funny!
Sad but true.

I would be surprised if Elon is even aware of some of the blatant shortcomings of the current UI. He is known to be quite demanding of his employees and can't imagine he would be satisfied with these weak efforts.
Obviously he is aware his flagship vehicles don’t have a horn.

He was the one who removed it from…the center of what used to be a wheel…don’t even get me started.

Obviously he is aware his flagship vehicles don’t have a horn.

He was the one who removed it from…the center of what used to be a wheel…don’t even get me started.

Fortunately, the car does have a horn, and fortunately it can be activated with your hands on the "wheel" or, I mean yoke. As clueless as these engineers have been under some renditions of the user interface, I'm surprised they didn't move the horn activation to the big screen! That would make about as much sense as some of the other things they have done.

Do you think Elon realizes that several of the information "cards" have been removed from the drivers display and when they are shown take up the wholle massive center display blocking everything else behind? Where is the logic and sense in that? If he knows about it or much less approved that result he is not as sharp as he used to be.

Fortunately, the car does have a horn,

Nope. It doesn’t.

A horn is an emergency device that I can mash with my palm, that is located in the same general area, regardless of wheel/yoke position.

The yoke has some sort of haptic button that I have never managed to activate in an emergency situation. I don’t know what it does and don’t care to find out.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Sorry but you can, do so regularly. Not going to waste my time making a video of this. Heck it even says you can do it in the link I posted. Could be cars before November cannot do this, when was yours made?

Quoted from link. "If you mash right side of yoke with your palm, horn will trigger,” said Musk a few moments ago."

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Sorry but you can, do so regularly. Not going to waste my time making a video of this. Heck it even says you can do it in the link I posted. Could be cars before November cannot do this, when was yours made?

Quoted from link. "If you mash right side of yoke with your palm, horn will trigger,” said Musk a few moments ago."
No you cannot. Post or link to a video where that works.

All mention has been removed from the owner manual as well. Total BS.

If you think it’s working for you, that is purely because you also happen to be actually hitting the horn button.

You know as a long time Apple devotee I've felt Steve would have never excepted this or that Apple product or service shortcoming. He would have stopped everthing and made them get it right. Well Elon is still here and his attention is generally on things I feel are a waste of time. So busy looking ahead that he's missing common sense things. EVERY human currently driving has been groomed to mash a horn in the center of the steering wheel in a panic emergency. Cavalierly changing it's location and rationalizing that we can just adjust is not right. Just yesterday I struggled with trying to lower the heat while driving. It just shouldn't be this hard. I shouldn't have to think about some things.

I'll bet they might get serious if someone has an accident while trying to change the windshield wipers or climate heat. Imagine the media reactions.

I would like to see yours or any video as well showing this function working as described. My plaid just came off the line in early March 2022 with the new lights etc. Just tried mashing the horn pad to no avail.

Last edited: