TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is there a Comprehensive Log (i.e. ChangeLog) of Feature Updates?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by BizJet, Jun 12, 2016.

1. BizJet

BizJet Member

Does anyone know whether someone' (in the forum or elsewhere) has been keeping a complete cumulative log of software update release notes as new releases become available? Is there a way to "look back" at past release notes, or is only the most recent release visible?

Also, is the onboard manual updated simultaneously with the software updates, or is there a lag?

Inquiring (new owner) minds want to know...

2. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

I know only of a firmware revision tracker, ev-fw.com.

I've seen a lag between onboard Operator Manual updates and the FW, but maybe not necessarily so. Usually the Release Notes cover the new features, unless there are simply bug fixes.

3. BizJet

BizJet Member

Right. I see plenty of resources listing release numbers, but I have not seen anyone capturing the text and illustrations of all the release notes in a cumulative, progressive "What's New" compilation. It's not always easy to detect what's been updated in the Owner's Manual.

4. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

I agree. I just download and print the latest manual and keep it in a 3-ring binder in the car.