Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a credit for the reduced price on next-gen seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my as well (same stats). I wouldn't say the NG seats are uncomfortable, just snug against my thighs and obliques. City driving, no problem. Taking a road trip from Miami to Atlanta, I would notice it.
Seat comfort is really personal, but you may be surprised. I have some back problems and was dreading a 5-day cross-country trip in my Evo, which has the OEM race-spec Recaros (2-way adjustable: front/back slide and incline) with enormous bolsters, both thigh and upper body. Height doesn't really matter for lateral seat sizing, but I'm of average build so the bolsters fit tight, like the car is giving me a hug. I assumed the trip would be brutal, but it was actually the most comfortable road trip I've ever taken. Five 8-12 hours days on bumpy Route 66 roads, and it was absolutely fantastic.

If the Model S Recaros are half as good as those, I'd road trip in them in a second. I sat in them a bit and they seem good, but don't have long-term experience.

If those who ordered at $3500 found they aren't getting, or don't want, next-gen rear seats you should definitely ask for a refund. I don't think they have any solid reason to deny the request, and it sounds like charging the higher amount was an accident in the first place.