TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Is there a historical pricing list anywhere?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bcsteeve, Aug 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

I'm trying to figure out what the MSRP of a particular Model S would have been when it was originally sold. I've come up dry. Any way of doing that?

2. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

I am interested in this too.

3. dmcmillen

dmcmillen Member

Perhaps it would help to know the particulars? I can send pictures of 2014 S85 and 2017 S75D window stickers.

4. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Instead of "particular", I should have said "any given". But yeah, of a database doesn't exist, we could create one with enough data.

5. Troy

Troy Active Member

Hi, @bcsteeve. There are some design studio screenshots here. For the Canada version, click on the links in column D. For the USA version, click on the links in columns L to O. You could also use the wayback machine (link). You might need to check teslamotors.com instead of tesla.com for older models.

6. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Way back machine was first thing I did, but it fails at the configurator. Thx for links. Checking out now.

7. kmistry1986

kmistry1986 Member

I'd be interested in what kinds of "inventory" or "showroom" discounts people have received.

8. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

I couldn't bring this up at all on my mobile so I waited till I got home (just now). It comes up on my PC, but as far as I can see there are no pricing details at all. Am I missing something?

9. Troy

Troy Active Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    @bcsteeve. OK, here is another idea. Right click to design studio images and select "Search Google for image". Then in search results, click on "Visually similar images". I think this brings up more relevant search results than a regular image search.

• Informative x 1
  10. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Clever :) But... too many options/configurations/dates/countries to be able to know what any given image is really showing.

I honestly didn't think this would be hard lol. I thought the wayback machine would work and I could simply look up any given time and BAM... full pricing for everything. Nope.

11. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

OK, I got this figured out, but it will take some work. Stay tuned.

12. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Its going to be way more work than I thought to make it generalized - so I don't think I'll bother - but I do have a method that works. For example, I found that in Canada in June 2015 the Model S cost $87200 with a delivery price of $1120 and Inspection of $180 and the options were as follows:

P85D: 34100 (I'm not sure if that includes the two below? I think so)
    Performance Package: 11000
    85 kWh Battery: 5900

Metallic paint: 1150
    Multi-coat paint: 1700
    Paint Armor: 1000

19" Aero wheels: 2800
    19" Cyclone: 2800
    19" Winter Tire Set: 2700
    21" Turbine: 5100
    21" Winter Tire Set: 5900

Leather Seats: 2000
    Next Generation Seats: 2800
    Leather and Alcantara Seats: 2800
    Carbon Fiber: 1150
    Wood trim: 850

Subzero Weather Package: 1150
    All Glass Panoramic Roof: 1700
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler: 1150
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound: 2800
    Autopilot Convenience Features: 2800
    Smart Air Suspension: 2800
    Premium Interior Lighting: 3400
    Executive Rear Seats: 3400
    Rear Facing Seats: 3400
    Wall Connector: 800

Fairly comprehensive and I should be able to do it for any country, almost any month (any date that the Wayback Machine grabbed a page). But the above just took me half an hour and that's just for one! To do it generally, I'd have to code a parser to make it feasible. Since I have *my* answer (the above), I'm not overly inclined right now to take that project on. If someone else wants to... just a matter of grabbing the page source from the archive and parsing the pricing info that's in the code.

13. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

#13 bcsteeve, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Hmm... I do appear to be missing the AWD for the 70 and non P85 in the above.

OK, I realize now I may not have parsed the data entirely correctly. I'm not sure that $11,000 "performance" option was real at that time. It seems that may have been a hidden placeholder for Ludicrous. I'm also not clear on which batteries were actually available. If I'm reading it right, I think the 75D was base at that point? 85D was the listed $5900 upgrade and P85D was the performance version. According to wikipedia, however, RWD variants were available at that time, so I'm a little confused.

14. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all