Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a jack and wrench in the roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, is there a jack and wheel wrench in the roadster? I have found the little tool bag but can't jack the car or u do the bolts on the wheels. Is it hidden inside the car?

No Jack and no wrench for the wheel lug tool and lock. There is a can of fix of flat mounted to the rear hatch.

I picked up an aluminum Porsche 911 scissor jack and have a Craftsman socket and breaker bar to remove / tighten the lug nuts. Also picked up a tire plug set as well as a battery powered air compressor so I can do my own tire repair on the side of the road if the emergency occurs. Almost impossible finding an air compressor that has low amp draw that won't blow the 12v acc. fuse.

What Model of Air Compressor

as well as a battery powered air compressor so I can do my own tire repair on the side of the road if the emergency occurs. Almost impossible finding an air compressor that has low amp draw that won't blow the 12v acc. fuse.

Curious what model of air compressor - I purchased a B&D (model # unknown) and it only lasted 1+ years. The reviewer comments on Amazon were "mixed" at best.

Thanks,
Don

The unit simply stopped working. Wouldn't take a charge, nothing. Based upon some of the reviews on Amazon this is quite common. $60 is a lot but frustrating when you go to use it and NOTHING! Good thing I didn't have a flat and needed it. I'll probably just buy another one.

Curious if you're power supply went out, did you try troubleshooting it? Or if the LED / LCD screen lights up as if everything is working when plugged in, possibly the battery has a dead cell. If so I'd rip it apart and test the cells and test to see if I'm getting increased voltage from the charger. Or you could just pick a new one up depending on what you like to do.

I hear you, it sucks to have something you're dependent upon for emergencies to fail on you. One good thing is it runs off of AC, DC, and battery. So if the battery side is bad, you should still be able to run the thing off of DC if you're able to flag down a motorist.