Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a knack to disabling auto fold on the mirrors?

simon.c

Sep 4, 2019
Glasgow, UK
A few times recently when needing to drive to work in the cold weather my mirrors have been frozen in the folded in state. I have tried a few times now to turn off the "Auto-fold mirrors" toggle in the Settings (and I see the green tick "Saved" pop up appear near my profile name), but then when I get out of the car at home and it walk away locks the mirrors fold in anyway. Is there a particular order I need to be doing things to force the car not to auto fold the mirrors when parked at home?

simon.c

Sep 4, 2019
Glasgow, UK
Ok so I just checked and no, they weren't disabled on the easy entry profile - however after turning them off there (and it supposedly saving the setting) I then noticed that manually changing between the Easy Entry and my driving profile that it seems to reset the auto fold option to on each time I swap! I've left it off and supposedly saved for now (and upon walking away it has locked and not folded), but I will check next time to see if it resets it again.

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Kinda dumb that this isn't a "global" setting, when if you have Easy Entry turned on that's the profile that's always going to be in effect once you've left the car.

Reactions: Medved_77

Godsense

Mar 5, 2020
UK
Even though they advertise driver profiles almost as a big feature, unfortunately does feel like easy entry was another one of those things that wasnt properly adapted and they just created another linked profile.

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
Make sure drivers door is closed or it thinks it’s a one off. Like walk away door lock / honk on lock etc

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
An I right in thinking the setting for auto-fold mirrors is global, as in you can’t disable it for home etc? Don’t want to go outside in the cold to check the car :)

Alistairuk

Jun 25, 2020
Scotland
An I right in thinking the setting for auto-fold mirrors is global, as in you can’t disable it for home etc? Don’t want to go outside in the cold to check the car :)

There's an option to always fold at current location - but not to disable at current location only (ie. home)...

If you forget and they freeze in place while folded they're not going to get damaged - they just don't unfold until the ice has been cleared off the mechanism :p

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC