Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a light in right rear passenger footwell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the premium interior light package. My kids noticed there isn't a light underneath the front passenger seat to illuminate the right rear passenger footwell. The left side rear footwell has one. Is this normal? I looked for a light under the right seat to see if maybe the bulb was out, but there physically isn't a light there at all. I wonder if it somehow got left out during production. Our car is almost 2 months old. Thanks for the help.

I have the premium lighting package and there are definitely lights in both rear seat footwells. Sounds like you need to contact Tesla.

z9nSRIi.jpg

In the original post, he said there physically isn't a light there at all, so it would be difficult to plug in a new light.
I did not have the premium package. The wire is there, easy to find. Make sure there is a bracket to hold the light. Abstract ocean sells these too, in case you don't want to go to SC to get one that may be missing. I have no interest in Abstract Ocean.

I did not have the premium package. The wire is there, easy to find. Make sure there is a bracket to hold the light. Abstract ocean sells these too, in case you don't want to go to SC to get one that may be missing. I have no interest in Abstract Ocean.

Without the premium light package, what are you able to still "upgrade" yourself?

I.e. Footwell lights, puddle lights, etc. is it setup to just install bulbs or is more missing?

Without the premium light package, what are you able to still "upgrade" yourself?

I.e. Footwell lights, puddle lights, etc. is it setup to just install bulbs or is more missing?

In increasing order of complexity: Interior trunk lights on either side of the hatch opening (2, pretty easy if you follow instructions), rear footwell lights (2, requires mounting brackets to go under the front seats but also pretty straightforward), puddle lights on the rear doors (2, requires partial disassembly of the rear doors). In all of these cases the wiring for the lights exists on all cars, regardless of whether they have premium lighting or not.

My son and I did the trunk and rear footwell lights ourselves. I was taking my car to a customizing shop for a dashcam install and I asked them to deal with the rear door puddle lights as well.

I think the only premium interior lighting you can't easily add yourself is the ambient lighting in the doors (the wiring is there, but there doesn't yet exist a "plug and play" solution for the lights themselves).

To the OP: If it were my car, I'd contact the service center and have them add the missing bracket and light before trying to upgrade it (and I do highly recommend the AO lights). At the very least, tell the service center about the omission so that it's on the record. Good luck!

Bruce.

To the OP: If it were my car, I'd contact the service center and have them add the missing bracket and light before trying to upgrade it (and I do highly recommend the AO lights). At the very least, tell the service center about the omission so that it's on the record..
Exactly. If you bought the premium light package, the car is supposed to have all the lights. Your car is only 2 months old, so if this is a manufacturing defect/omission, I'd think it would be covered under warranty.

The wiring is there. All you need is the light and bracket. - abstractocean.com. Last I heard there was a back log on the brackets, so maybe take to SC and get you bracket since you ordered premium lighting. Then upgrade the lights. Easy peasy

• Informative
Reactions: Buddy