TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is there a list of buildings where people were able to install charging stations?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by rumnyc, Mar 13, 2014.

1. rumnyc

rumnyc New Member

I think we need a sticky thread on this?

If you were able to install charging stations at your home or office garage and want to share the info please post here (apolgies, I have not seen a similar thread). If you want to post anonymously, please PM me the name of the building and a brief description of the process and cost. Thanks.

I (like many HK'ers) rent but i don't mind paying for installation of a station since is save on FRT and would love to move to a property which is charging station friendly. It may be hard to figure out if a property is charging station friendly before actually renting there.

2. Vmax

Vmax Member

"Good" and forward thinking buildings will install chargers which can be shared. For other buildings you have to get an individual charger, which will be extremely difficult to get for renters in my opinion. Landlords probably won't bother to go through the discussion with the owners committee. Besides if the owners committee agrees to one individual installation, that doesn't mean they will comply with further requests.
    I'm in the process of "upgrading" my 13A socket to 32A 3-phase at my individual carpark. I expect the completion within two month as long as everything goes smooth. Will share my experience after completion.

3. alexeiw123

alexeiw123 Member

If you're interested in sharing charging stations that you have installed, there's an android/iOS app "PlugShare" which seems to be fairly popular in USA. I've installed it here in Australia, and while it has very minimal use to me, there is still some handy information on it. Perhaps this app could be useful to you?

4. sonywong

sonywong Member

I suggest to include the name of the management company, so that we can see which ones are easier to dealing with .