Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a list of vocal commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!

I am confused by some of the messages I got playing around with this. First time everything worked fine and another kept getting connectivity Errors. In my garage. I live in a pretty rural area and don’t connect to wifI unless downloading an update (really boggs down our pitifully slow internet). Anyway initially I assumed voice commands were talking directly to the car’s computer. Not sending a signal up to a satellite and back.

If that’s true I’d probably lose voice commands when my premium connectivity dies in Aug. Worked fine today in Portland.

Anyone know how this works?

Reactions: impastu
Yes, you will. The computing capability is reserved for gaming; voice recognition happens in the cloud.
Since there is no official list maintained by Tesla, there is no guarantee that any command will work or work as expected. Also, the logic is somewhat dubious, e.g. “Enable child lock” works as expected; “Disable child lock” does not do anything.
Lastly, the system sometimes misinterprets what you say - YMMV.
Voice commands are an interesting feature/show off and certain things work very well but not ready for prime time to replace the UI.

We’ll see if it’s important enough to pay $10 a month.
You'll still have voice commands if you don't pay for premium connectivity. The car will retain a free mobile connection for voice commands and navigation.

The paid premium connectivity adds Live Traffic Visualization and Satellite-View Maps. Also Video Streaming, Caraoke, Music Streaming and Internet Browser without the need for a Wi-Fi connection.

• Informative
Reactions: K5TRX and Boza