Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a Lithium 12v battery for 2019 model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a Lithium 12v battery for 2019 model 3?
There are several options. The Tesla Atlas lead acid battery, any 51R lead acid battery rated better than 33ah, DiehardEV battery is an AGM (sold through Advance Auto) or for lithium Ohmmu. Lots of discussion on Ohmmu but bottom line, they issued a blue tooth enabled model and after 12/22 build the updated software APPEARS to be working normally with the Tesla charging system. I have had it 3 weeks and so far the behaviors have been as expected. The Tesla lithium battery used in newest models has a different connector, different voltage needs (15.5 volts) and is not interchangeable.

Upvote 0
It appears the ohmmu battery is having issue again... showing " out of stock " translation: stopped selling
I asked, not problems. They limited the production run incase any issues to not have excess inventory. They have another production run coming. I have a V4+ from December and no issues for about 5 weeks. Works well in very cold weather and no issues with a software update.

Upvote 0