Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is There a Maximum Size Limit for Tables? Problem with One Post Suggests "Yes!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
In Post #1 of this Thread (Trying to Make Sense...) I created a fairly large, and expanding, table. That Post also originally included a couple of pages of regular (non-tabular) text.

After some early warning signs (difficulty saving), a week or two ago I found that I was unable to re-save the Post after further editing (e.g., adding more language to the table or editing text). Either I would get a moving "bars" (saving) image in upper right corner that would not stop, or I would receive a pop-up error message (from the Forum software) in the middle of the screen that said something like "we are experiencing difficulties. please try again later." Something like that.

I filed a "Report" using link at bottom of the Post, but after a few days I eventually solved the immediate problem myself by removing extra text and putting it in a new post here: What if....

After "lightening the load," I am again able to edit and save the original Post with its table.

I assume that the root cause had to do with the table, since I have seen very large posts with only regular text.

Question: Is there (and is it intended that there should be) a maximum size for tables (e.g., number of rows and/or columns)?
  • If yes, please let us know what that is.
  • If no, then be aware that it appears that too large a table causes problems.
Right now everything is working. But if I were to attempt to combine language from the two posts referenced above into one, I predict that I would again not be able to save the resulting large post.

• Helpful
Reactions: danny
Hi, honestly I am not familiar with the specifics of how the tables works and what its limits are. Perhaps @doug may no know something.

At the request of administrators, I already alerted Doug to this Thread and the issue; thanks.

My original post now just has the large table, which I have occasionally added to. Just last night I started having trouble saving it again. So if you look at the table in Post #1 of this Trying to Make Sense..., it may give an example of the maximum size limit for a table (whether a maximum size intended or not).

• Helpful
Reactions: danny