Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a national Tesla Club with a formal connection/liason to Tesla corporate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like right about now an organized volunteer group to coordinate with the mothership to spread positive pr and educate the press could be really useful.

As far as I can tell, Tesla's PR department seems to consist of Elon Musk's Twitter account.

I realize our forum is called "Tesla Motors Club" and that there is a listing of various local groups, but other car clubs I've been in, such as the BMWCCA and the ZCCA have a traditional membership application for individuals, and a national/regional/local chapter structure.

Reactions: Filter
Some clubs charge dues, others have fundraisers. That's up to the local club to decide. If you're interested, you should contact Tesla and get the details of the program (which would provide answers to your questions).

Arizona does have one sanctioned club - Tesla Club of Southern Arizona | Tesla Motors Club. You might start there.
uhhh - I'm actually on the Board of that club, and we are trying to answer those questions FOR our club. I did not want to reinvent the wheel, and though asking others how they manage would be better than just floating policy.

uhhh - I'm actually on the Board of that club, and we are trying to answer those questions FOR our club. I did not want to reinvent the wheel, and though asking others how they manage would be better than just floating policy.
Hah.

So to become a Tesla-sanctioned club (as indicated by your logo), paperwork was signed that would answer your questions regarding insurance, etc.

Some clubs do charge dues (Florida, for instance), while others rely on fundraising events (NorCalReno).

Most the clubs I'm aware of are 1) incorporated, and 2) carry liability insurance. But that doesn't mean they all do. I think the signed paperwork would tell you if it was required.

Liability insurance is required when holding events at Tesla corporate locations...

As @bonnie mentioned, the logo (circular a Tesla Owners one) typically indicated the clubs that are associated with Tesla under this program (many of us have groups in TMC, but not all...).