TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is there a national Tesla Club with a formal connection/liason to Tesla corporate?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Jul 11, 2016.

1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Seems like right about now an organized volunteer group to coordinate with the mothership to spread positive pr and educate the press could be really useful.

As far as I can tell, Tesla's PR department seems to consist of Elon Musk's Twitter account.

I realize our forum is called "Tesla Motors Club" and that there is a listing of various local groups, but other car clubs I've been in, such as the BMWCCA and the ZCCA have a traditional membership application for individuals, and a national/regional/local chapter structure.

• Like x 1
  2. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

As I recall, there is an ombudswoman contact available to each of the owners club presidents or designated SPOCs.

I do not believe there are regional, national, or continental structures in place yet.

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

There are formally recognized local clubs - the presidents of those clubs are organizing a monthly call to touch base and stay in step with each other, to provide more of a united front.

• Like x 2
  4. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS75D unlocked

OK - so should the clubs- Charge Dues? do we need to by liability insurance for sanctioned events? Will a waiver be sufficient to protect officers from whatever goes sideways?

5. bonnie

Some clubs charge dues, others have fundraisers. That's up to the local club to decide. If you're interested, you should contact Tesla and get the details of the program (which would provide answers to your questions).

Arizona does have one sanctioned club - Tesla Club of Southern Arizona | Tesla Motors Club. You might start there.

6. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS75D unlocked

uhhh - I'm actually on the Board of that club, and we are trying to answer those questions FOR our club. I did not want to reinvent the wheel, and though asking others how they manage would be better than just floating policy.

7. bonnie

Hah.

So to become a Tesla-sanctioned club (as indicated by your logo), paperwork was signed that would answer your questions regarding insurance, etc.

Some clubs do charge dues (Florida, for instance), while others rely on fundraising events (NorCalReno).

Most the clubs I'm aware of are 1) incorporated, and 2) carry liability insurance. But that doesn't mean they all do. I think the signed paperwork would tell you if it was required.

8. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Liability insurance is required when holding events at Tesla corporate locations...

As @bonnie mentioned, the logo (circular a Tesla Owners one) typically indicated the clubs that are associated with Tesla under this program (many of us have groups in TMC, but not all...).