TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is there a new Tesla supercharger in Bristol?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Rognjak, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Rognjak

Rognjak Member

I was told yesterday by a BMW salesman about it when I went with my wife to pick up her I3 , he said he had received an Email from Tesla announcing it. How could that be? As a Tesla owner surely I would know before him?
    Anyway, I googled it, and lo and behold I find a news item about 2 new superchargers at the Mall in Cribbs Causeway, at the John Lewsis store.
    Comments please Tesla??

2. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

If you agreed to accept marketing from them, then you would have got an email on 30/10 announcing that the new Bristol SC is now open.

3. arg

arg Member

Tesla have been rather inconsistent in sending these things out - they appear to have more than one list (owners, sales-enquiry-but-not-ordered-yet, maybe more), and I sometimes get one copy of these things and other times two copies; other owners report getting none of these communications, while others get some but not all.

However, I got two copies of the Bristol announcement, so it sounds like you aren't on any of their lists.

Suggest you complain - particularly if you want invites to the various events that go on (openings of new stores/service centers and things like the event at West Drayton last week).

4. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Their marketing lists appear to be all over the place, at least for the UK. Get your sales adviser or DS to check and confirm you are definitely on the list.

I heard nothing from June to October but am now receiving emails again (the first one I got was the Bristol Supercharger announcement as it happens).

(Also Tesla don't read this forum particularly, so you shouldn't expect a reply from them because you talked here. They do read their own forums, but the best way to get in contact with them is always just to call/email directly.)

5. Rognjak

Rognjak Member

Thanks for the heads up, looks like I might not be a Billy No Mates after all. Actually the Charger has now appeared on my Navigate sub menu. Maybe I should have looked there first...Ah well.

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Me too. I got the Bristol Supercharger email and the newsletter email today, but the first I heard about the event at West Drayton a couple of weeks ago was on Facebook the next day.