TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is there a philanthropic Tesla owner out there?

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by ecobears, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ecobears

ecobears New Member

My wife and I are planning an eco-trip from top to toe of Italy by electric car and the Tesla is the only vehicle with the necessary capability. Our aim on the trip is to write a blog and book which would promote Tesla in the context of ecological travel and as part of the fight against climate change. We’ll also promote Slow Food by eating only in SF approved restaurants and we’ll stay in eco-friendly B&Bs. The book will cover other eco-issues such as solar energy, solar farms, energy saving, reducing transportation, Slow Food using unprocessed/bio/in-season Ingredients, etc. We asked the UK Tesla PR people to lend us a car, (ex demo or second hand) Although they are excited about our unique project, sadly they say they don’t have a car available for us. So would you lend us yours please, initially just for the first 2 weeks’ ‘test’ phase of the journey.

If you are interested in principle, obviously I’ll then give you much more information about the project and us (marketing, communications and published authors). Huge thanks.

• Funny x 1
  2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

I would go talk with these folks, they will rent (or hire as you brits like to say) you one: Hire a Tesla in the UK from just £95 per day | Evision Supercars

Keep in mind that Tesla's depreciate by about $1 per mile in the early part of their life, so you are asking an owner to take pay quite a substantial price to lend the car to you.

• Like x 1
  3. ecobears

ecobears New Member

thanks. I'll check it out. Yes, probably best to get a well worn-on car. Cheers.

4. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

Aren't there cheaper EVs in Europe that you could rent?

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Let me think about that for a microsecond....

I've also been planning to do a roadtrip to the south of Italy when I get my JdeMO so maybe I'll write a book about it.

• Funny x 1