Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a philanthropic Tesla owner out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I are planning an eco-trip from top to toe of Italy by electric car and the Tesla is the only vehicle with the necessary capability. Our aim on the trip is to write a blog and book which would promote Tesla in the context of ecological travel and as part of the fight against climate change. We’ll also promote Slow Food by eating only in SF approved restaurants and we’ll stay in eco-friendly B&Bs. The book will cover other eco-issues such as solar energy, solar farms, energy saving, reducing transportation, Slow Food using unprocessed/bio/in-season Ingredients, etc. We asked the UK Tesla PR people to lend us a car, (ex demo or second hand) Although they are excited about our unique project, sadly they say they don’t have a car available for us. So would you lend us yours please, initially just for the first 2 weeks’ ‘test’ phase of the journey.

If you are interested in principle, obviously I’ll then give you much more information about the project and us (marketing, communications and published authors). Huge thanks.

Reactions: Bet TSLA
This is a philanthropic as I get as I cannot part with my MS and have it shipped to Italy. Tesla Model S Rental in Switzerland, France, Italy, Germany, Spain

The south of Italy will be tough. Mountainous like the rest of Italy and the southernmost Supercharger is between Rome and Naples off A-1 in Ceprano which leaves a lot of territory to very slow charging. Plugshare would help. Good luck.

Why would anyone just give up a car they paid 60k+ for to people to 1. put miles on 2. they dont know 3. get absolute nothing in return.

Do we live in a day and age where people want stuff for free...Good lord...

Why would anyone just give up a car they paid 60k+ for to people to 1. put miles on 2. they dont know 3. get absolute nothing in return.

I do it all the time. Almost a hundred different people have driven my P85 now, some just a couple of miles and some over 50. I had to go on a two week trip just after I got my car and I gave it to a friend to drive for the time I was gone.

I don't get "absolute nothing" in return. I get the pleasure of spreading the joy that is driving a Tesla. I don't understand the snarky replies. If you don't want to get involved, why not just shut up and spread your cheer elsewhere?

Reactions: EdA
I do it all the time. Almost a hundred different people have driven my P85 now, some just a couple of miles and some over 50. I had to go on a two week trip just after I got my car and I gave it to a friend to drive for the time I was gone.

I don't get "absolute nothing" in return. I get the pleasure of spreading the joy that is driving a Tesla. I don't understand the snarky replies. If you don't want to get involved, why not just shut up and spread your cheer elsewhere?

1. These are people you know and/or ride with
2. Snarky because we live in a day and age people want *sugar* for free and not wanting to work/pay for it.

So, though your a good friend this is 100% different. And FYI I wouldn't give my P90DL to my friends. I see how they treat their cars.

1. These are people you know and/or ride with

Yup. I ride with people because they are unfamiliar with the car.

2. Snarky because we live in a day and age people want *sugar* for free and not wanting to work/pay for it.

People get help all the time. I'm sure you do too. If you don't want to lend a hand, then don't. There's no need to be nasty about it.

So, though your a good friend this is 100% different.

No, it's pretty similar. I'd say it's just further out on the same axis.

And FYI I wouldn't give my P90DL to my friends. I see how they treat their cars.

You need a better class of friends. Treating people kindly is much more important than treating cars kindly.

Reactions: EdA and ohmman
Do they see how you treat your friends?
I don't ask to drive their cars nor would I ask. If they don't like/want to be friends that is their choice.

I have had many people ask to drive my 700hp Vette and if you don't know how to handle it you will end up in a ditch fast. So, again giving someone your car/house etc does not make you a good/bad friend. But that is a choice you have to make.

I get the pleasure of spreading the joy that is driving a Tesla. I don't understand the snarky replies. If you don't want to get involved, why not just shut up and spread your cheer elsewhere?

This is different. The OP was e-begging to use somebody's $100K car to take a vacation in, thinly disguised as some planet saving mission - liberally sprinkled with the word "eco" everywhere.

This is different. The OP was e-begging to use somebody's $100K car to take a vacation in, thinly disguised as some planet saving mission - liberally sprinkled with the word "eco" everywhere.

And you are taking it upon yourself to warn all of us poor gullible fools not to fall for this? Thank you for your service to the community.:rolleyes:

Who are you to judge whether some other poster here is sincere? If you have some evidence it's a scam then please provide it.