TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is there a plug for a radar detector under the dash?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Elctrek, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Elctrek

Elctrek Darth Voltage

If not... where have those of you that use one plug it in? Is there power at the rearview mirror? And lastly, can anyone tell me if the post that attaches the mirror to the glass is cylindrical?

2. swegman

swegman Member

Not under the dash. Early VIN cars had a tap in the roof area where the microphone is located. However, my understanding is that the tap was omitted in current VIN production cars.

Most people will tell you that a radar detector does not work very well inside the passenger compartment of the Model S. The windshield has a coating that prevents the ardor signal from getting through. People that are serious about detecting radar have mounted the detector behind the from nosecone.

3. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

4. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

By the passenger side footwell, there is a thick yellow accessory wire. This is where we get power.

5. Mark Bloomston

I tapped into the rear view mirror harness. Works great.