Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a problem with mice in Model S (in rural locations)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're visiting family that live near Vger... My wife went out to get something out of the frunk this morning and found some mice in the frunk, and they scurried back into a cavity. They got in sometime between Monday evening when we arrived and this morning, so hopefully haven't done any damage to wires. She's set some traps and put some mothballs in the frunk and near the cavities. I'm actually not there, but will be checking the cavity under the plastic lining when I'm on island this weekend...

If you just want to trap and relocate the mouse (far away from the car :)), here is an option that seems to be good: SeaBright - No Kill Smart Humane Mouse Trap, No Poisen or Glue - Walmart.com.

Update... My wife set old fashioned traps and they caught 3 mice a couple days later.

We kept traps in the frunk a few more days, but no more mice. Got 'em... And no signs of chewed wiring underneath the plastic cowling. I'll mention this to service next time the car goes in -- worth a deeper inspection,