Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a quick way to change the audio source? Wish USB Media Player worked...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know how they can get the rest of the software in the car so right and seemingly not be interested in fixing the handful of USB media player issues that have persisted for so long and affect so many customers who listen to music in the car :(
I wouldn't say the rest of the software, beyond what actually runs the car, is so right.
The map interface is not wonderful since they made it gray, eliminated the green lines for no traffic and don't let you zoom in on parts of a route where the car isn't.
The navigation system isn't anywhere near as good as Google's. It would also be pretty nice if they allowed waypoints.
The climate control system is also pretty convoluted, especially if you want to control the heated steering wheel. What's the point to multiple windows?
The voice control system is at best primitive.
What really bothers me the most though is that they never fix this stuff. Various Easter Eggs seem to be where the focus is.

is Spotify also having issues resuming music just like with USB music?
No, there have been problems logging in, problems staying logged in, extra slow loading of playlists with huge lags from screen input to actions. The other problem is that since v9, Spotify on my phone now starts playing as soon as I enter the car (the car is logged onto my own account), and keeps playing, and playing, and playing, long after I've exited the car. These problems don't seem to affect everyone, it's mainly an issue with MCU1 users

I just experienced the USB drive "rescaning" after I got back in the car after being away from just about half an hour :(

It was playing music just fine when I left and nothing in the drive was changed but yet when I got back in the car is started indexing all the drive contents and this means no music for several minutes :(

This has got to be an easy bug to fix. Just don't rescan the USB music drive unless a drive insertion event is detected and in the meantime just maintain the index of USB music scanned somewhere safe so music can be resumed when driving resumes...

A voice command to switch to USB Media playback would be so useful!

Can you control any aspect of USB audio with a voice command?

I've tried the voice command "Please fix the USB Media Player" multiple times but not dice :p

The car resuming USB media playback when I get back in the car is 50/50 and sometimes even less than that :( When it does not resume music, I often times need to wait for the media player to entirely rescan all the music files for several minutes before I can get it to play music.

I wish we could change to USB Audio playback with a voice command. This way when the car doe snot resume USB music playback it would be a lot easier to switch back to USB audio and resume music playback...
Better yet, why not allow you to select a media source using the steering wheel scroll wheel and cluster? I think they had that feature in an older version but got rid of it for some unfathomable reason.

Better yet, why not allow you to select a media source using the steering wheel scroll wheel and cluster? I think they had that feature in an older version but got rid of it for some unfathomable reason.

Yeah it's really too bad that you can't switch audio sources using the steering wheel buttons.

My biggest problem with audio playback is when it doesn't resume USB music playback, I need to click through several menus to get that going again and then put the display back in my preferred view with map, rear view camera, and the media player on the center screen.