Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a substitute TPMS tool???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is curious, here is the info about it from last year.
Tesla part number: 1013547-00-A
Description: TOOL, TPMS, ROADSTER and MODEL S
electronic-devices-RST-184-A.png

Has anyone been able to reset their TPMS without going to the SC? I'm beginning to regret not going in on the group buy we had a few years ago :-(

So, I called our local Tires Plus (who just installed the sensors and tires) and it turns out that their Snap-On 3 Series TPMS tool has an entry for the Tesla Roadster. The manager read me the directions and they sound familiar so I am going to give it a shot this evening on my way home from work... Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Reactions: dhrivnak
Hi All,

A follow up note to @markwj and @dhrivnak posts...

The new K-line tool add-on for the OVMS3 is for Roadsters with the Baolong TPMS system.

According to my records this is US cars with VINs 0501 and higher...

There is also new support in the OVMS3 for early Model S with the Baolong system...

Shawn
So the 1.5's are to VIN 500. So that makes sense as 501 marks the first 2.0 car. And one of the things they did to cut the costs was put in the cheaper TPMS.

Tesla not selling the TPMS programming tool anymore and my dealership does not have one.

Are there any options to program my car other than riding without sensors?

Is there an aftermarket programming tool? Who made the Tesla tool???

Might be worth reaching out to @CM_007. Carl had some challenges with a new tool that he bought getting the car to sync with my new TPMS when I got new tires. Not 100% sure what the solution was, but he eventually figured it out. He might have some thoughts to share.