Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a Tesla Wave or hand sign?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The times when I'm lucky enough to be driving a Model S, I'm still usually super conscious of not wanting to risk scratching her for anything. I swear, I'm not stuck up, I just don't want to take my hands off the wheel while driving in suburban traffic (not the best autopilot scenario). But it always makes me smile to see another Tesla, and I'm delighted to notice them on an almost daily basis, including the occasional Model X. When I'm a passenger, I'll wave like crazy. I can't pull off the dignified nod. :)

In the early days I'd wave and get waves back, but these days I'd be doing more waving than driving the car. Yesterday I pulled up to a stoplight that had only Tesla: 1 Roadster, 3 Model S, and 1 Model X. A complete set, even! It was surreal.

I'm assuming the Model X started up the Model X-mas easter egg and you all got out and danced in the street together.

• Funny
Reactions: ajay and BLKMDL3
In the early days I'd wave and get waves back, but these days I'd be doing more waving than driving the car. Yesterday I pulled up to a stoplight that had only Tesla: 1 Roadster, 3 Model S, and 1 Model X. A complete set, even! It was surreal.

Even more surreal would be if you were joined by a Model 3 release candidate car!

(I'll return waves, nods, light flashes, whatever, but otherwise I'll only wave if I happen to make eye contact first. Guess it's a Bay Area thing.)

Bruce.

Reactions: Maximilien
IMG_0044.JPG

Given that Tesla is all about electricity, I do this

So Fallen, how Philly(ish) are you? I may have passed you a while back going into the Home Depot in Willow Grove, but was in an ICE at the time. Possibly you? Would have waved, but, you know, ICE'd at the time :)

It's possible. I live in Bucks County and work in Plymouth Meeting. But I was in Willow Grove mall area a few weeks ago. Yeah sorry, I don't wave at ICEs normally. ;)

I'm assuming the Model X started up the Model X-mas easter egg and you all got out and danced in the street together.
That would have been amusing. I happened to catch the Roadster driver look over and thought I saw a hint of pride. Something along the lines of "I made this possible." That, or the realization how utterly unlikely such a situation would have seemed not even a decade earlier.