TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is there a Tesla Wave or hand sign?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by WillK, Apr 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joe F

Joe F Disruption is hard.

So Fallen, how Philly(ish) are you? I may have passed you a while back going into the Home Depot in Willow Grove, but was in an ICE at the time. Possibly you? Would have waved, but, you know, ICE'd at the time :)

2. cytranic

cytranic Member

Living in Boca Raton Florida, I'd have to wave at every 4th car.

3. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

I'd wave right back brother

• Like x 2
  4. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

So my 8 y/o niece thinks all Teslas can somehow sense each other, and so she wrote in to Tesla asking if they can make it so that whenever a Tesla passes another on the road, the left headlight and side panel turning indicator light flashes twice, kind of like an acknowledging blink. I rather like that idea!

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  5. ajay

ajay Member

The times when I'm lucky enough to be driving a Model S, I'm still usually super conscious of not wanting to risk scratching her for anything. I swear, I'm not stuck up, I just don't want to take my hands off the wheel while driving in suburban traffic (not the best autopilot scenario). But it always makes me smile to see another Tesla, and I'm delighted to notice them on an almost daily basis, including the occasional Model X. When I'm a passenger, I'll wave like crazy. I can't pull off the dignified nod. :)

• Like x 2
  6. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

In the early days I'd wave and get waves back, but these days I'd be doing more waving than driving the car. Yesterday I pulled up to a stoplight that had only Tesla: 1 Roadster, 3 Model S, and 1 Model X. A complete set, even! It was surreal.

• Like x 5
  7. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

I'm assuming the Model X started up the Model X-mas easter egg and you all got out and danced in the street together.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Even more surreal would be if you were joined by a Model 3 release candidate car!

(I'll return waves, nods, light flashes, whatever, but otherwise I'll only wave if I happen to make eye contact first. Guess it's a Bay Area thing.)

Bruce.

• Like x 1
  9. phaduman

phaduman Supporting Member

the traffic lights should flash their lights to that line up ;)

10. cmf

cmf Member

I’m always waving at other Teslas. I came from a Wrangler so the Jeep Wave is instinctive and carried over to the Tesla.

• Like x 2
  11. JRMW

JRMW Member

IMG_0044.JPG

Given that Tesla is all about electricity, I do this

• Funny x 4
  12. fallen888

fallen888 Participant

It's possible. I live in Bucks County and work in Plymouth Meeting. But I was in Willow Grove mall area a few weeks ago. Yeah sorry, I don't wave at ICEs normally. ;)

13. nitram26

nitram26 Member

Was in bucks county area Tues.. passed a Blue MS and beeped the horn.. didn't catch the plate though..

14. TSLATed

TSLATed Member

When I drive my Corvette nearly every other Corvette owner on the road waves. I haven't found anything like this in my Tesla. Just the occasional thumbs-up from pedestrians here in central Florida.

• Like x 1
  15. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

We don't talk about it on public forums.....

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. 206er

206er Member

17. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

That would have been amusing. I happened to catch the Roadster driver look over and thought I saw a hint of pride. Something along the lines of "I made this possible." That, or the realization how utterly unlikely such a situation would have seemed not even a decade earlier.

18. wang5150

wang5150 Member

Don't you wave with both hands because you have auto-pilot enabled?

• Funny x 2
  19. croman

croman Active Member

Just waved at and got wave from fellow Tesla owner in 96 in Ithaca NY! Thanks whomever you are it was fun seeing another Tesla out here!

• Like x 1
  20. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

I come from the Subaru WRX/STI fandom, where everyone waves. Having since moved to California and a Model S, not seeing waves at all.