Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a thread or list of all changes to the M3 performance since launch ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at a used one, and am wanting to make sure I assess it correctly and didn't miss anything really important.

Did / Does the model 3 performance ever have lifetime free internet / maps updates ? I know the S&X had it and then it went away / was changed I think in 18 sometime

If they ordered AND configured their vehicle (i.e. pay the $2500 deposit) on or before June 30th, 2018 then they should have unlimited internet. There's no mention of it being transferable or not and has never been asked AFAIK however the cars with Free Supercharger will not have transferable free supercharging.

Reactions: P85_DA
If they ordered AND configured their vehicle (i.e. pay the $2500 deposit) on or before June 30th, 2018 then they should have unlimited internet. There's no mention of it being transferable or not and has never been asked AFAIK however the cars with Free Supercharger will not have transferable free supercharging.

I wonder if anyone here has bought a P3D used and had their internet / maps stop working ?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
The only change that matters is the big brake / 20" tire / spoiler / aluminum pedal package. Aka the "performance upgrade package". This was originally offered as optional so you can in theory buy a P3D without those things if you find the right one.

most P3Ds will come with those if built after october or so last year.

Other than that there aren't any changes that should matter to you. Unlimited supercharging was offered, but won't transfer with a used sale. Similarly for free internet iirc.

P3D without 20” wheels, better brakes, etc sometimes called P3D- or Stealth.

My wife drives one. We like it, we care more about Go than Show.

Also, recent cars have Autopilot 3. The rest have Autopilot 2.5. Doesn’t matter yet since Tesla hasn’t introduced software that can tap the compute power.

Reactions: Msjulie
P3D without 20” wheels, better brakes, etc sometimes called P3D- or Stealth.

My wife drives one. We like it, we care more about Go than Show.

Also, recent cars have Autopilot 3. The rest have Autopilot 2.5. Doesn’t matter yet since Tesla hasn’t introduced software that can tap the compute power.

Nice model3!

When did AP3 first show up on model 3 performance production vehicles ?

And if you have fsd, are you guaranteed a “free” upgrade to v3?

Nice model3!

When did AP3 first show up on model 3 performance production vehicles ?

And if you have fsd, are you guaranteed a “free” upgrade to v3?

It was like a month ago it started rolling out. You’ll have a tough time finding a used performance with HW3.

Yes, anyone with FSD and 2.5 (or 2.0) hardware is supposed to get 3.0. Eventually.

The only difference in performance is technically “software”. Some have the wheels and brakes. Otherwise they are the same as AWD.

It was like a month ago it started rolling out. You’ll have tough time finding a used performance with HW3.

Yes, anyone with FSD and 2.5 (or 2.0) hardware is supposed to get 3.0. Eventually.

The only difference in performance is technically “software”. Some have the wheels and brakes. Otherwise they are the same as AWD.

Oh, ok.
I thought the performance had at least one different / stronger motor than a regular Dual motor ?

• Disagree
Reactions: austinmichaeld
Oh, ok.
I thought the performance had at least one different / stronger motor than a regular Dual motor ?

Nope.

At least up until a month or two ago every single motor, front and rear, in every P, was the same PN as in the AWD model every time anyone checked under their car.

(there's been one report a month or so ago from a guy in europe who claimed he got a different PN motor- but nobody else has reported it- and they guy never posted a pic of it)

Being a P, this is probably important item; I had a chance to sit in a December-build P over the weekend and the seats are different than the mid-2018 seats. The bolstering on the sides is maybe a bit higher, it is definitely firmer.

I don't know exactly when the change occurred, and being Tesla it probably isn't a hard date but rather a change over window where both seat variants were shipping an inventory turned over. You'll probably need to check it in person to be sure.

Being a P, this is probably important item; I had a chance to sit in a December-build P over the weekend and the seats are different than the mid-2018 seats. The bolstering on the sides is maybe a bit higher, it is definitely firmer.

I don't know exactly when the change occurred, and being Tesla it probably isn't a hard date but rather a change over window where both seat variants were shipping an inventory turned over. You'll probably need to check it in person to be sure.

P gets the same seats as everyone else.

IIRC the gen 2 seats were introduced in May 2018- which is before the P existed.