Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a trick to reach the service department?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped off the model Y 2/22 in the morning. Wasn’t provided an estimate in the app, handed off the key card and went home. The issue was that the software system kept crashing or stuttering whenever I launched the dashcam viewer.

It’s been 3 days now and no specific updates from the service center. If I call in and go through the prompts, I’m usually on hold for about 20 min before the system hangs up. There aren’t any specific updates in the app messaging. On day 1 someone managed to reply no your car won’t be ready. Day 2 someone managed to reply that they are “seeking necessary clarity for the necessary service”.

This doesn’t seem normal to me compared to service departments with other brands. I guess if I knew it would be so long I would have pulled out my kid’s car seats beforehand. Perhaps there’s a different way others have had success reaching someone or a reply in this situation?

Attachments

• C36A0BB7-C644-4074-966B-13322314E450.jpeg
    C36A0BB7-C644-4074-966B-13322314E450.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 7B95C0E0-204D-4C81-B956-D034F41ED915.jpeg
    7B95C0E0-204D-4C81-B956-D034F41ED915.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 348A86E4-82A9-49C4-8A8E-DBEDFB68AF56.jpeg
    348A86E4-82A9-49C4-8A8E-DBEDFB68AF56.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 91
Yes I’ve gotten there. It does two things:
1. Rings twice then hangs up
2. Rings forever then goes into a music waiting queue. Then no one picks up after 20 min and the system hangs up.

Then your local service center is not answering. Thats the only "trick" there is to reach your local service center, without driving down there.

is there some reason you're not using the mobile app to contact service? My car was in last week for a few minor issues. I had prompt communication with my service advisor, and multiple times thru the day....all thru the "service" section of the app.

is there some reason you're not using the mobile app to contact service? My car was in last week for a few minor issues. I had prompt communication with my service advisor, and multiple times thru the day....all thru the "service" section of the app.

They don’t give updates in the messaging part of the app. Or they finally respond to say they will give an update but then nothing happens. Today is a good example. Car was due for completion at 4:15 pm, two messages for status check. It’s 5:46 pm and there’s no reply and service is already closed.

The trick is to tweet Elon Musk incessantly until he responds. Short of that your only option is to drive down to the SC and stand there til someone speaks to you. You’ve got a better chance of speaking to Elvis on the phone than a Tesla service representative.

The trick is to tweet Elon Musk incessantly until he responds. Short of that your only option is to drive down to the SC and stand there til someone speaks to you. You’ve got a better chance of speaking to Elvis on the phone than a Tesla service representative.

Depends on the service center. I have gotten my service center on the phone the few times i have had my car there, each time.

Depends on the service center. I have gotten my service center on the phone the few times i have had my car there, each time.
My SC in CLT, NC absolutely refuses to speak to customers on the phone even if it’s requested through the app. I’ve had two occasion to bring my vehicle in for service/repair, for a week each time, and the communication was unacceptable both instances. I’m glad that your experiences have been different, but the hallmark of good customer service is that your customer can expect consistent service at all of your branches. Tesla clearly doesn’t embrace that axiom.

I dropped off the model Y 2/22 in the morning. Wasn’t provided an estimate in the app, handed off the key card and went home. The issue was that the software system kept crashing or stuttering whenever I launched the dashcam viewer.

It’s been 3 days now and no specific updates from the service center. If I call in and go through the prompts, I’m usually on hold for about 20 min before the system hangs up. There aren’t any specific updates in the app messaging. On day 1 someone managed to reply no your car won’t be ready. Day 2 someone managed to reply that they are “seeking necessary clarity for the necessary service”.

This doesn’t seem normal to me compared to service departments with other brands. I guess if I knew it would be so long I would have pulled out my kid’s car seats beforehand. Perhaps there’s a different way others have had success reaching someone or a reply in this situation?
Call your sales manager, articulate that you're disappointed getting the runaround from service, then ask him to text the service manager and supply their name and number.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd