Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a video explaining the operation of the Alpine IVA-NAV-10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm reading the owner's manual on the Alpine IVA-NAV-10.
I'm confused about some of the features -- how they work, are they actually available, etc.
I have a 2010 Roadster 2.5.
Does anyone have a link to a video that goes through the setup and operation?
Thanks!

Thanks - I found a couple of useful videos there, but not a lot of detail.
We can probably answer any questions you have - fire away :)

Thanks, @thefortunes. The first question that comes to mind is about the iPod connector. I think I threw away my multi-pin iPod years ago, and anyway, the plug seems to be missing from my Roadster (just bought it). Is there any easy way to rig up a connector for modern iPhone/iPad?

Thanks, @thefortunes. The first question that comes to mind is about the iPod connector. I think I threw away my multi-pin iPod years ago, and anyway, the plug seems to be missing from my Roadster (just bought it). Is there any easy way to rig up a connector for modern iPhone/iPad?

If you open up the centre consul you will find there is a USB joined onto the Ipod connector....maybe that will help...

The single-din JVC radio (base, without navigation) uses a standard usb cable allowing you to use a lightening charging cable. The single-din JVC radio with navigation uses a hard-wired 30-pin connector. You can use an adapter to plug in your lightening iPhone for audio, but the radio’s connector is so outdated that it will not provide power. Sometime in the early days of the iPhone, Apple moved the power from the 12v to the 5v line. There are adapters available, but they’re hard to come by.

Okay, you guys are really helping!
Next question: How do I delete the former owner's iPhones and pair my iPhone to the car?

My new car has the double DIN Alpine unit. I couldn't figure out how to set up Bluetooth and pair my phone. I couldn't find the option in the menu. Luckily @DeedWest showed me a trick when we met for lunch the other day. The car needs to be in neutral, with the hand brake on, and your foot off the brake pedal. At that point some hidden menu options magically become visible. If that does t work, try different combinations, hand brake on, hand brake off, foot on brake, foot offf, transmission in park, in neutral, etc. Eventually those hidden options will appear. Hope that helps.

My new car has the double DIN Alpine unit. I couldn't figure out how to set up Bluetooth and pair my phone. I couldn't find the option in the menu. Luckily @DeedWest showed me a trick when we met for lunch the other day. The car needs to be in neutral, with the hand brake on, and your foot off the brake pedal. At that point some hidden menu options magically become visible. If that does t work, try different combinations, hand brake on, hand brake off, foot on brake, foot offf, transmission in park, in neutral, etc. Eventually those hidden options will appear. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I think I remember coming across something about the handbrake, etc. I'll give that a try.

Hello there

I have a 2.5 roadster with the stock Alpine navigation (EU version) . From time to time (but not always) when I drive in a tunnel or something, this things littérally YELLS LOUDLY "plus de signal GPS" (no more GPS signal) no matter how ths sound system is set. This is really a P.I.T.A. as it's frighten me all the times. Does someone know how to disable this feature (telling loudly the GPS signal is lost) or at least how to set the volume of this particular action to something more friendly ? I was unable to find anything in all those terrible menues..

Hi Rolf - I had the same problem - there is somewhere in the menu to reduce the volume - I have changed the unit out for an Android unit now...but I remember you had to have the hand brake on before you could make any modifications if I remember correctly - BTW I thought those head units were crap...thats why I changed it out...

Hi Rolf - I had the same problem - there is somewhere in the menu to reduce the volume - I have changed the unit out for an Android unit now...but I remember you had to have the hand brake on before you could make any modifications if I remember correctly - BTW I thought those head units were crap...thats why I changed it out...

Hi Jonathan ;)

Thanks for the answer. I too find it's really outdated material, and that the navigation maps are terribly old and not so useful nowadays. I mainly use the screen to display the vehicle speed in huge digital number, as the real odometer is not easy to read while driving. I guess it's like having a Model 3 a decade before ;) The rear vieew camera also is a must when parking backward.

I'll give a try at the menues again, with handbrake on. I'm kind of sure I once saw a setting to disable this yelling voice but I'm unable to find it again :(

Have a nice day :)