Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to access the GPS auto suspension height locations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there some place where I can access a list of all the locations GPS auto height adjustment is enabled? I know I can cancel it the next time I drive to such a location but I'd like to see the list and remove a couple of locations so I don;t need to keep an eye out for that when I'm driving.

Maybe factory reset???

Yikes no! So many settings to have to reset afterwards...

That's too bad that you can't access a list of GPS suspension height locations. The window comes up so quickly that each time I have missed being able to cancel it. I raised it in an underground parking garage to clear a curb stop but now when I drive close to the parking garage, it lifts the car.

As a long time Tesla owner (first S purchased in Jan 2013), it continues to be frustrating for features like geofencing or the media player to have obvious design flaws and bugs, while Tesla spends resources on easter eggs and video games that can be used only when a vehicle is parked.

The Lexus I owned before purchasing our 2012 S had geofencing to block navigation routing through intersections (a crude was to customize the routing to avoid areas when calculating routes). That software had the ability to list all of the geofenced locations, and edit or delete them.

Tesla's geofencing doesn't provide any way to list the geofenced locations for adjusting the suspension level or a way to clear that list without wiping out all customer data.

And what makes it more challenging - the option to delete a geofenced setting is displayed only for a very short time on the display while you are driving - if you don't act while it's displayed, you lose the ability to delete that location.

This has been true since Tesla implemented the first adjustable air suspensions in 2012 - and still hasn't been addressed almost 7 years later (same is true for many of the long-standing requests to fix obvious flaws/bugs in the media player).

• Love
Reactions: DCEV
As a long time Tesla owner (first S purchased in Jan 2013), it continues to be frustrating for features like geofencing or the media player to have obvious design flaws and bugs, while Tesla spends resources on easter eggs and video games that can be used only when a vehicle is parked.

The Lexus I owned before purchasing our 2012 S had geofencing to block navigation routing through intersections (a crude was to customize the routing to avoid areas when calculating routes). That software had the ability to list all of the geofenced locations, and edit or delete them.

Tesla's geofencing doesn't provide any way to list the geofenced locations for adjusting the suspension level or a way to clear that list without wiping out all customer data.

And what makes it more challenging - the option to delete a geofenced setting is displayed only for a very short time on the display while you are driving - if you don't act while it's displayed, you lose the ability to delete that location.

This has been true since Tesla implemented the first adjustable air suspensions in 2012 - and still hasn't been addressed almost 7 years later (same is true for many of the long-standing requests to fix obvious flaws/bugs in the media player).

I keep missing the option to cancel it :(

Maybe I am too, but I don’t see it at all - when I’m passing the location with Auto Steer and Nav on Auto. It goes up as I pass a parking lot I had to raise to HIGH once. Does the cancel choice not show when in Autopilot?

It shows up with an X that you need to press to disable and like you, I keep missing it so I can delete the geofenced location. By the time I notice it and move my finger, it is gone!

Sure would be nice if the car displayed a list of geofenced locations so you can review and delete the ones you don't need. The Suspension Settings screen has plenty of room to display those locations.

I would even settle for an option to delete all geofenced suspension locations.

It shows up with an X that you need to press to disable and like you, I keep missing it so I can delete the geofenced location. By the time I notice it and move my finger, it is gone!

Sure would be nice if the car displayed a list of geofenced locations so you can review and delete the ones you don't need. The Suspension Settings screen has plenty of room to display those locations.

I would even settle for an option to delete all geofenced suspension locations.
While driving through a geofenced setting that was set to high, I’ve been going to the suspension tab on main screen and then lowering to standard. Have to confirm if this erases previous high setting.

Every time I raise the car when needed I immediately lower it again so that it doesn't store the location.

As I have vented before it should be easier and quicker to do this then what we have now; 3 touches in the right locations on the touchscreen typically while one is driving.

There should be a button on the bottom of the touchscreen (homepage?) to raise the suspension to high setting for a short period of time; say 10 seconds. I would prefer to have this then have the heated seat buttons so easily accessible, and I say this not as a Californian but someone who does get reasonably cold Canadian winters. One doesn't need the seat heater so easily accessible, usually this is something one presses before they start driving, and usually for me before I even get in the car with the wonderful app. So why do we need the buttons so convenient? I can turn them off at some stoplight a few km down the road, when I am stopped.

With suspension height this isn't the case; it needs to be put on high NOW. Hopefully in some version in the future it will come.

Every time I raise the car when needed I immediately lower it again so that it doesn't store the location.

As I have vented before it should be easier and quicker to do this then what we have now; 3 touches in the right locations on the touchscreen typically while one is driving.

There should be a button on the bottom of the touchscreen (homepage?) to raise the suspension to high setting for a short period of time; say 10 seconds. I would prefer to have this then have the heated seat buttons so easily accessible, and I say this not as a Californian but someone who does get reasonably cold Canadian winters. One doesn't need the seat heater so easily accessible, usually this is something one presses before they start driving, and usually for me before I even get in the car with the wonderful app. So why do we need the buttons so convenient? I can turn them off at some stoplight a few km down the road, when I am stopped.

With suspension height this isn't the case; it needs to be put on high NOW. Hopefully in some version in the future it will come.

I drove an audi allroad for years and really like that there is a suspension up and suspension down button right on the dashboard as well as a "suspension height" indicator. It'd be trivial to put the up/down/current-level in the top row icons on the center display.

How do you reenable the auto-lowering at a set speed function? I set mine to low and now can't reenable the raise if below a certain speed.

Reactions: dark cloud
I drove an audi allroad for years and really like that there is a suspension up and suspension down button right on the dashboard as well as a "suspension height" indicator. It'd be trivial to put the up/down/current-level in the top row icons on the center display.

How do you reenable the auto-lowering at a set speed function? I set mine to low and now can't reenable the raise if below a certain speed.

Suspension screen, but it Lowers it at high speeds based on where it was, rather than raise it at lower speeds.

image.jpg