Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to adjust the gain (volume) of the differnt audio sources?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
For example :
If I switch from Spotify to SXM , the SXM is really loud. (opposite if I go the other way )
It seems all 4 sources come in with different levels at the same volume setting.

This is really bothersome on Spotify becasue it has pretty good sound quality but i have to turn it up to 8 to get to a good listening volume .

I am sure there is not or it would be readily available in the settings menu , but it never hurts to ask I guess

Thanks

Have you ever noticed when commercials come on TV that the sound is louder? Or maybe also some channels are louder than others? Especially the streaming services between Prime or Netflix? Its life bubba. We have no control over those outside sources when it pulls into the car.

Have you ever noticed when commercials come on TV that the sound is louder? Or maybe also some channels are louder than others? Especially the streaming services between Prime or Netflix? Its life bubba. We have no control over those outside sources when it pulls into the car.

Oh yes ,I completely understand what the cause is, what I was wondering... if there is a solution?

I see there is not a solution so maybe we could ask for one (how ever we can do that) .
I doubt it would be very hard to include in an update .
Heck, I have a $100 Pioneer HU (that literally has 1994 technology inside of it) that allows for input gain adjustments to correct this problem. I have extensive car audio experience and this function is really pretty basic.

Maybe "problem" is not the correct term, but it does make me scratch my head as to why such and advanced interface does not already include such a basic function in a multi-input audio system. I mean for what it is ,it sounds pretty good I think , so I am guessing the sound system was more than an afterthought.

Of course, then I think of the USB not remembering last songs ,the spottily issues....hmmm ??? LOL!!

And yes to speed control adjustment...not just on or off

Reactions: Akikiki