Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to block software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel that the user interface of version 9 is too flat, like how the background of the instrument cluster is flat grey instead of a gradient. There are also many annoyances in version 9, such as how you can't adjust the "auto" setting for each section of the climate control. Overall, the user interface is less intuitive.

Is there a way to block software updates to that my car with version 8 won't update to version 9? Thanks.

software updates do not happen unless you press the button that schedules/lets it happen.

but regardless, it's going to happen eventually unless you want to be left in the dark of any future features/updates that come your way (especially autopilot), which honestly is the best part of owning a tesla.

Reactions: Derek Kessler
it's going to happen eventually unless you want to be left in the dark of any future features/updates that come your way (especially autopilot), which honestly is the best part of owning a tesla.
I'm quite happy to be "left in the dark of any future features/updates" if V9 is any indication of what Tesla is going to change. I expect my car to get better each update, not get worse.

Reactions: kavyboy