Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to config FSD (turns and merge on highway)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if these can be configured...

I drove FSD for a few days, it works on straight roads but when making the turns, it is too fast, is there a way to make it slower?

Also when merging on the highway (from ramp), do I need to press the left turn signal so it merges for me? It seems it won't merge automatically, or it only merges when it is near the end of lane which is very dangers.

1669592470409.png

What is your speed offset set for in the AP settings? If going to fast for your liking, you can manually adjust speed as needed. As far as the highway merge, what are your AP settings currently? There are a few regarding auto-lane change etc.

Have you ever used FSD on the Highway with NOA and auto lane change?

Reactions: ThatMike
What is your speed offset set for in the AP settings? If going to fast for your liking, you can manually adjust speed as needed. As far as the highway merge, what are your AP settings currently? There are a few regarding auto-lane change etc.

Have you ever used FSD on the Highway with NOA and auto lane change?
It was set to 10%, I will try to set to 0. But I think it should figure out a safe speed when it makes turns itself, regardless of the offset settings.

So do we have FSD on highway or not? Yes I have used NOA/auto lane change on highway before I receive the update, and in the past I had to signal the car to in order to switch lanes.

But I think it should figure out a safe speed when it makes turns itself, regardless of the offset settings.

You realize that as a part of Beta, that is your job to help train the vehicle to perform better? Hit the report button on the screen when the vehicle does things that you think are sketch. It also remembers when and how you disengage, so if you take over forcefully, that will also report. This is FAR from a stable release, it's a BETA. And now that there is, basically, everybody in the pool, it is going to get interesting. There will be so much data in the coming weeks I hope the next release (v11?) will be amazing.

Reactions: Acps110
It might be scary at first, but let it go through curves as it sees fit. It will slow down if it needs to. I've been on FSD beta since v9 and it takes curves quite well in my experience.
I think the OP was complaining about the speed of NoA, not FSD beta. FSD beta won't be handling any of our freeway driving yet. My personal experience with AP on high speed freeway curves when I first got the car a couple years ago was pretty scary (waiting too long to turn in, not slowing at all), so I'm hoping V11 will be more confidence inspiring.