Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to get more speed model S LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.
I’m a new 2021 Tesla model S LR owner.
After researching for days I can’t find anything on a jailbreak or hack or whatever you call it lol.
I found something called a ghost module for the model 3 but nothing for the model s, specifically the model s lr.
Just wondering if anyone out there knows how I can get a speed boost, or if there is some type of cool Hidden features or, if it’s possible at all.
Thanks everyone.
And to everyone out there about to say go get a plaid 🖕🏽

Hi all.
After researching for days I can’t find anything on a jailbreak or hack or whatever you call it lol.
I found something called a ghost module for the model 3 but nothing for the model s, specifically the model s lr.
Just wondering if anyone out there knows how I can get a speed boost, or if there is some type of cool Hidden features or, if it’s possible at all.
Thanks everyone.
Bolt on a 3rd motor to the real wheels and root your software.

Upvote 0
Hi all.
Thanks everyone.
So you researched for DAYS, AFTER you bought the LR and then come on here and give people the finger if they suggest get a Plaid?

Wow, very classy!

Last edited:
Reactions: PWRUP
Upvote 0
Not that hard. Just remove excess weight, although tossing the wife out may not go over well.

Remove passenger seat, rear seat, all the carpeting, frunk tub and covers, headliner, all the speakers, pillar trim, dash trim, door trim, window motors, wiper motor, driver seat motors, and I'm sure a few other things. Dropping a few hundred pounds should gain .1 to .2 seconds. For extremists, go to the Gym and losses a few more pounds! They do this for the Pike's Peak run where every pound counts.

Upvote 0
Hi all.
Thanks everyone.
Well you are off to a good start with the rest of the members here.

For the sake of argument, I'll assume you aren't a troll.

So what exact issue do you have with your S LR? By speed boost do you mean better acceleration or higher top speed. Speed and acceleration are different things.

For top speed, the S LR is listed to 155 mph. I don't know of any devices out there that will make it go faster.

For acceleration the car is pretty quick, but not Plaid quick. Factory claims 3.1 0-60. What does yours do currently with something like Dragy measuring it? Are you more concerned about 0-60 or let's say 60+? So get a Dragy, make some runs, and post them. We'll give you some feedback on them.

No software hacks or modules to improve the performance of the S LR from what I've seen and I look frequently. In lieu of a module, back to the old fashioned way of removing weight. How far do you want to gut the car to go faster? Keep in mind that you still might get the gains you expect because it almost seems as if Tesla limits the performance within a certain range regardless of what you do.

Case in point that I could go uphill or downhill, and my model Y pretty much ran the same times 0-60. Seemed like something in the software kept it from going quicker than a certain speed and going uphill it didn't slow appreciable either. Runs both ways were very close to being the same and within the margin of error. Not a hug uphill or downhill but runs either direction were virtually identical.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark II
Upvote 0