TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is there a way to ignore threads?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by James Anders, Nov 13, 2016.

1. James Anders

James Anders Member

Just curious if there's a way to ignore or not see a given thread?

-J

2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Don't open it if you're not interested in it?

3. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

Go to the thread and click - unwatch / unfollow in the upper right hand corner of the thread .

4. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

I wish this forum had a "kill thread" feature, but it doesn't. Here's what I'm doing: it's a bit technical, using Stylish for safari. There are similar extensions for other browsers, and they're useful for minor UI customization too.

.messageList {
    display: none !important;
    }

Add the thread ids you want to block to the regex group. Thread ids are visible in the location bar whenever you're viewing a thread.

Note that this won't block threads from search results, including the "new posts" list. But if you inadvertently open a thread you've "killed", at least you won't see any of the posts.

5. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Could we add something like [TH] Ignore More to be able to ignore threads? The biggest problem is something like the Model S forum which has many items updated regularly which I have to work through again and again.

• Like x 2
  6. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

At the top of the thread...click on "unwatch thread".

7. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

This thread has "unwatch thread".

However, only option I see on other threads is "watch thread". I want them to not show up so my list is shorter.

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Because you've posted in it, you are watching it (according to the default rules; you can turn off the 'default "watch what I post in" rule'....).

Unless you watch entire forums, you won't watch everything automatically.