Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is There a Way to Kickstart Connectivity?

PianoAl

Dec 15, 2019
Far Northern California
I've asked this a year ago, but I want to see if anyone has solved it ...

In my area, there are a lot of dead zones that have no cell coverage. There are also areas with good coverage. The problem is that often, when going from a no-coverage to a good-coverage area, the car doesn't check, and thinks there's "No connectivity." For example, in one place (which normally has five bars) I can see the cell tower, yet the phone tells me: "No Connectivity."

Is there any way, apart from rebooting, to force the car to check for coverage? I once thought that trying to make a call would do it, but I think that was wrong.

elptxjc

Dec 15, 2019
El Paso, TX
The towers you see might not be for the LTE network. The system has a certain refresh rate that you cannot change. That happens to me all the time too, but the system refreshes itself after a few minutes, and starts working again. And it doesn't work with less than 2 bars. But yes, it's super crappy IMO, so I won't renew it when it expires at the end of the year.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC