Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to navigate to a location, while stopping at another location along the way?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enter them all then route to the first one. Then route to the second after getting to the first.
Yep. That's what I do. Navigate to each "waypoint" before you start your trip, and immediately cancel. Then navigate to your first stop. Once you get there, your other stops will be at the top of your Recents list for easy recall.

The one exception that the nav will do is if you let it choose Supercharger stops along the way to your final destination. It handles those waypoints fine.

Tesla Nav lacks waypoints or options, it's stone age compared to Google Maps. My workaround is to put all of my destinations into Google Calendar which gets synced to the car. When you get into the car it will display the calandar which will allow you to select the next stop. Tesla's nav has a fetish about always using highways no matter how inconvenient or unscenic, to get around this I add some additional destinations to my calendar which can only be reached by taking the road I want.

E.g. navigating to work, while stopping at In-N-Out along the way?
You are one of the roughly one million of us asking for waypoints.

At the Model S Plaid delivery event on June 11, 2021, fans started heckling Elon with, "Waypoints! Waypoints!"
Elon replied, "Alright, fine we’ll do waypoints. Goddamnit. Alright,”
See: Tesla begins deliveries of its new Model S Plaid

But Elon has promised Waypoints over and over again:
Tesla’s Musk confirms Navigation Waypoints for custom road trips

Green found that the Waypoint code was already in place in December, 2020.

I got my 2008 Toyota Highlander in 2007. It had waypoints as has every car I have had since except for our two Tesla's. Tesla has been struggling to catch up with literally every other car maker for 14+ years.

Can you use that app for drive-time navigation? I thought it was for planning only.
I plan the trip with ABRP, then put each destination into car nav. ABRP can run the navigation (I never use it that way) and I believe the audio will play over the car speakers if your phone is linked. The problem with using something other than in-car nav is that the car won’t precondition for the next charger. When Tesla adds waypoints, things will (hopefully) be smoother. Until then, it doesn’t feel like a big deal to add the next point into the car so I make sure the car is ready for the next charge.