Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to prop up the wipers in advance of snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is counterproductive with the cold weather package. Use the windshield heater to free the wipers from the normal position.
You sound like someone who hasn’t really had to deal with this in real life. I’m convinced that 1) not only did the Tesla design team never market test the model 3 outside of California; but 2) they didn’t have a single midwesterner on the design team. SOOOOO many unforced design errors for cold weather conditions. Just signs of an inexperienced design team when it comes to making their ideas scale.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
You sound like someone who hasn’t really had to deal with this in real life. I’m convinced that 1) not only did the Tesla design team never market test the model 3 outside of California; but 2) they didn’t have a single midwesterner on the design team. SOOOOO many unforced design errors for cold weather conditions. Just signs of an inexperienced design team when it comes to making their ideas scale.

Welcome to TMC. We super appreciate you bumping a 6 year old thread to let us know how you feel. 👍🏻

Under-windshield wiper heaters work. Can't disagree with the rest.

Reactions: David29
Under-windshield wiper heaters work. Can't disagree with the rest.
What is remarkable is that Teslas have sold well in Norway from the beginning. With such a large market there, one would think that inadequate cold weather performance would result in enough complaints that Tesla would notice and work to correct them, especially in the early years when there were just not that many customers yet. I can recall watching the videos by Bjorn Nyland of Norway, who was an early adopter (P85) and one of the first Tesla You-Tubers. He praised the car's traction control, slept in the car overnight in winter, and generally said mostly positive things. His car pre-dated the cold weather package, but I do not recall his complaining about the wipers or other cold-weather issues. Maybe he did so but did not make a major point of it.

Reactions: richapps