Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to switch salespeople?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had an absolute horrible time attempting to order our first Tesla. From subtle jabs to overt lies, being ignored/unresponsive, etc. It has been an incredibly uncomfortable experience. We have no problem ordering things sight unseen/tested.

Is there someway we can transfer our $2,500 deposit to another salesperson in some other state and complete our purchase that way? From reading the forums I understand it is unusual to have this experience. Trust me, I wish things were just easy peasy too.

Certainly. You do not have to use an OA at all. They are there (presumably) to assist the customer. If that is not happening, then dispense with the process and order from home. I ordered mine from home and had one lingering question, which was answered over the phone. I never even met the OA that handled my inquiry until well after I submitted my order. AFAIK, there is no "assignment" of OAs. There is no one that earns a commission directly because YOU bought a car from any one person. It is very much a team based compensation plan, based on overall performance.

Once your order is submitted, the OA is out of the loop. you will have more of a relationship with your delivery team, manly because it takes longer to get one, than it did to order it.

What if the "corruption" rises all the way to the top? Is there a nonconfrontational way? Can I go to another dealership and have them work with my deposit? Or will they unite and kick me back to the terrible people?

Try searching customer service tesla in LinkedIn lots of execs on there. Can you elaborate on what you have experienced?

Last edited:
What if the "corruption" rises all the way to the top? Is there a nonconfrontational way? Can I go to another dealership and have them work with my deposit? Or will they unite and kick me back to the terrible people?
I don't know what Service Center you've been dealing with, but Cody in the Devon, PA location has been amazing. He answers my emails within 5-10 minutes every time... I'm sure you can just email him and he can help... At the very least, you can ask him any questions you have... PM me if you're interested and I can send you his email address...

Certainly. You do not have to use an OA at all. They are there (presumably) to assist the customer. If that is not happening, then dispense with the process and order from home. I ordered mine from home and had one lingering question, which was answered over the phone. I never even met the OA that handled my inquiry until well after I submitted my order. AFAIK, there is no "assignment" of OAs. There is no one that earns a commission directly because YOU bought a car from any one person. It is very much a team based compensation plan, based on overall performance.

Once your order is submitted, the OA is out of the loop. you will have more of a relationship with your delivery team, manly because it takes longer to get one, than it did to order it.

This is heartening .

I am in the US, but thank you.

I don't want to go to personally identifiable.We kinda just want to buy a car and put this whole thing behind us.

I don't know what Service Center you've been dealing with, but Cody in the Devon, PA location has been amazing. He answers my emails within 5-10 minutes every time... I'm sure you can just email him and he can help... At the very least, you can ask him any questions you have... PM me if you're interested and I can send you his email address...

We just got off the phone with a salesperson and they said they would be escalating the issue. I will wait and see how this plays out but definitely will be making a move before the end of the month.

Best to speak to the service centre manager and perhaps they can escalate it for you. That definitely should not be the experience you should have to put up with, generally staff are very friendly and not pushy either. Customer service number is
+44-800-756-9960

Feel free to use my referral code for free supercharging if you need one. Just check out my profile. What spec are you going for?

I am in the US, but thank you.

Try searching customer service tesla in LinkedIn lots of execs on there. Can you elaborate on what you have experienced?

This is heartening .
I don't want to go to personally identifiable.We kinda just want to buy a car and put this whole thing behind us.Would definitely prefer to keep this super low key and have it disappear.

Thank you all for your suggestions. An inventory sales rep said they would be giving me a call back in a few hours about the issues we have been having. I may take you up on the PA offer, it's not crazy far from me.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Spelly88
What if the "corruption" rises all the way to the top

Lol if that was the case I would refer you to my BMW contact :( ..seriously though there is a variety of experiences that folks have posted that you at least should give it a try if you feel strongly enough about your situation with the PUP :eek:.... @DCGOO I believe now Tesla OAs get a small commission on new sales ..it’s a few hundred dollars I think ..

Lol if that was the case I would refer you to my BMW contact :( ..seriously though there is a variety of experiences that folks have posted that you at least should give it a try if you feel strongly enough about your situation with the PUP :eek:.... @DCGOO I believe now Tesla OAs get a small commission on new sales ..it’s a few hundred dollars I think ..

I totally believe it. I saw a used Tesla from inventory that seemed really interesting. The old OA wouldn't even tolerate it. They said you can't trust THAT inspection but they wanted me to buy a NEW car with thousands of miles on it, most probably being done with the pedal being floored in a straight line. So, I should trust the new warranty/mechanical inspection of 4 years/50K miles, but the Used warranty of 4 years/50K miles is bad? The inspection isn't as good as the new one? Those are such mixed signals. The new car was ragged and rushed and all of the things we had agreed would be fixed prior to delivery were all of a sudden "my problem to just bring back in 6 months or whenever Tesla gets the part and it could be a very long while but that's not a problem right and for this honor lets pay more than some people's mortgages!"

Positive note, it looks like we were able to switch and that person said they would run interference between us and the old group. So super excited about that based off the mafioso behavior we have seen. "Before we even start, If you switch to preowned you forfeit your deposit!"

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I had a few OAs, all at a local store. It seemed each time I popped in to the show room, someone was dishing me a business card and the same script:
“What brings you in today?”
“Have you been to a Tesla store before?” Etc.

When I got home and had some questions, then they wouldn’t return my emails within a few days, or one would but not fully answer the questions I asked.

A few years ago, though, I filled out a form on the Tesla website and an OA emailed me with some info and she was very knowledgeable and prompt. When I wanted to finally buy, 3 years later, I found her email and was my OA for the purchase. Never met, never talked on the phone, email only. she’s great. Even after the order, and after delivery, she has been very helpful.

You don’t need to stick with the same OA or even the same store.