Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to tell what batch of cars Tesla is making?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the top of this forum: currently it looks like a lot of East coast and Black interior deliveries.You can click on what I provided below as well.

Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

I would hope every Tesla buyer/owner would enter their data. The more data the better metrics folks can glean from the Tesla ordering, delivery, and ownership process. I'm surprised Blue is the second most popular color (to date) just behind white.

I would hope every Tesla buyer/owner would enter their data. The more data the better metrics folks can glean from the Tesla ordering, delivery, and ownership process. I'm surprised Blue is the second most popular color (to date) just behind white.
I am sure this is only a small snap shot. I think 2nd quarter had only 18k MY's or there about, So I think there is about 2000ish entries that are current and entries that don't get updated every 90 days fall off. I would guess this is about 30-40% of all Y orders at best. I would also deduce that only 50-60% follow through with their data entry. I think many move on as soon as they get their car. These are my own assumptions after obsessing over these spreadsheets for the past 2 months. I actually hope empty cells are people who just lost interest because then I could assume My order is due next! :)

I am sure this is only a small snap shot. I think 2nd quarter had only 18k MY's or there about, So I think there is about 2000ish entries that are current and entries that don't get updated every 90 days fall off. I would guess this is about 30-40% of all Y orders at best. I would also deduce that only 50-60% follow through with their data entry. I think many move on as soon as they get their car. These are my own assumptions after obsessing over these spreadsheets for the past 2 months. I actually hope empty cells are people who just lost interest because then I could assume My order is due next! :)

You are spot-on, I watched the same thing when I owned Corvette's and a "Registry" was created to track vehicles. But I will follow up and input my delivery info and any post-delivery issues I encountered. Who knows maybe Tesla has some Interns monitoring these web sites and we can help improve the vehicles and processes.

Reactions: slamper
You are spot-on, I watched the same thing when I owned Corvette's and a "Registry" was created to track vehicles. But I will follow up and input my delivery info and any post-delivery issues I encountered. Who knows maybe Tesla has some Interns monitoring these web sites and we can help improve the vehicles and processes.
I too will do my part to help others and fill out all the details!