Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to turn auto headlights OFF ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I go to settings for lights, it seems to always be on AUTO, even though I always switch the setting to OFF.
My car is parked in the garage, so the car thinks it's night time and decided to come on.
I have not been able to find a way to keep the setting on OFF because it always goes back to AUTO setting.
There is no "save" button on that page.

After finding a few threads on this topic, I've read keeping lights on OFF is not possible.
Cycling the lights on at start-up is not good for the bulbs over the long term..

Last edited:
When I go to settings for lights, it seems to always be on AUTO, even though I always switch the setting to OFF.
My car is parked in the garage, so the car thinks it's night time and decided to come on.
I have not been able to find a way to keep the setting on OFF because it always goes back to AUTO setting.
There is no "save" button on that page.

After finding a few threads on this topic, I've read keeping lights on OFF is not possible.
Cycling the lights on at start-up is not good for the bulbs over the long term..
I've got my headlights set to off in my driver profile. However for some reason when I get about 150 feet from the driveway, they turn on (maybe it wants to warn people as I cross the sidewalk?)