TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is there a way to vote

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Robert831, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Robert831

Robert831 Member

which superchargers get built next? I see a lot of the gray markers, and I know Tesla has some kind of decision making process about which should be installed next. It would be great if they included public votes in their process, somehow, like a Facebook poll. I look at the gray markers around here, and I can see right away which one I think is most important. Maybe Tesla would like to know what we think?

• Funny x 1
  2. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

In April, 2017, Tesla said they would double the number of superchargers in the world from 5,400 to 10,800, and they would add 1,000 chargers in California. All by the end of 2017.

We're now deep into 2018, and they've only added 250 chargers in CA and are only 60% of the way to doubling. The reason for all the gray dots is that as all things Tesla goes, they have massively over-promised and under delivered. I think they are just doing all they can to build any of them. Many of the gray dots are 2019 or beyond (57 of them).

They have great data about where owners live, and what routes are being used, so they probably have all the data to set priorities that they need. A facebook poll to try and cover the hundreds of sites they have planned would be a mess.

You can look at supercharge.info to see if the one you care about is permitted or under construction.

• Informative x 1
  3. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

That's like a self fulfilling prophesy, adding more superchargers where there are more cars. To take on the chicken-egg-problem, it should be the opposite, add more superchargers where there are none. Lack of superchargers is currently preventing purchase decisions, for example, in baltic region.

• Like x 1