Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a wheel for Tesla 3 that looks like this one ?

CanadianMetal

Jan 3, 2019
Vancouver BC
2019_acura_nsx_wheelcap.jpg

I recently was driving , and saw a new Acura NSX driving next to me and loved how the wheels looked , (especially on a red on a red car like mine) and they looked amazing as the wheels rolled.

I have a red 3 and this is the first wheel that really grabbed my attention as I like the bright and somewhat flashy look , and especially how they looked in motion .

Reactions: MitchMitch

CanadianMetal

Jan 3, 2019
Vancouver BC

TESLA OEM 19" Wheel
Material Aluminum
Size 19" x 8.5"
Diameter 19"
Width 8.5"
Lugs 5
Bolt Pattern 112mm
Offset 40mm
Style 10 Spoke

NSX Front 19" Wheel
Material
Aluminum
Size 19" x 8.5"
Diameter 19"
Width 8.5"
Lugs 5
Bolt Pattern 114.3mm
Offset N/A
Style 5 Split Spoke

The big difference is the Bolt Pattern
Tesla 112mm vs NSX 114.3mm

Is it possible to modify the wheel to work , or would it cost a fortune to modify? or simply not possible ?

Or does someone make the same style wheel in the correct spec ?

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch

CanadianMetal

Jan 3, 2019
Vancouver BC
Yes thanks , it looks like the bolt pattern is the same for both Model3 and NSX , so that is the good news .

Here is some more info I found on another website on the NSX wheel

Center Bore: 64.1 mm
Power: 573 hp | 427 kW | 581 PS
Torque: 127 Nm
Thread Size: M14 x 1.5
245/35ZR19
93Y
Rim : 8.5Jx19 ET55

So it seams that they both have the same Thread size, Center Bore and 19" rim width and bolt pattern !

Stock Tesla 19 Wheel is
235/40ZR19
96W

But is the NSX offset 55mm compared to 40mm Tesla ?

What does that mean in practical terms as to usability ?
and is it just a simple fix of adding a 15mm spacer ?

How is the hub different ?

What else needs to be checked or modified ?

So far I have not found a weight listed for the NSX wheel... so that may need more investigation to verify that it is not too heavy .

Last edited:

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
They are also 22 Lbs heavy, too bad because those I would switch too in a heartbeat if they were a fit.

Fred

CanadianMetal

Jan 3, 2019
Vancouver BC
Thanks Pound , that is very close to the NSX wheel look for sure !

And it looks like we can get it in the 18” size as well , as I would like to keep my car to the stock aero wheel size if possible.

At 8.5 kg (18.73 lbs) for the 18” , I will have to look up how that compares to the aero wheel weight .

Friend of Mine has these on his Golf R. Forged to spec https://www.prodigywerks.com/wheels

83918a_06f320df0da14707b5eec97ea91d8f0a~mv2.webp

CanadianMetal

Jan 3, 2019
Vancouver BC
  • Tesla model 3: Weight: 21.6 lbs (Without Aero Cover), 23 lbs (With Aero Cover)
Prodigy, NSX replica wheel has a weight of 18.75 lbs

So a savings of about 2.85 lbs over the stock wheel without cover.

I know nothing about wheel design, but am thinking that the weight savings should make up for less aerodynamic design ( compared to driving stock wheel without the cover ) ?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC